Discuss Need help replacing fuse in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hello my fuse has blown and iv looked at the fuse box but iv never seen a fuse like this would anyone know if i can buy replacements and fit them myself.

Attachments

• received_323135172414521.jpeg
    13.6 KB · Views: 34
It has a fuse wire through it connected to the screws on the pins. You will need the correct size of wire. If the holder has white dots on it then 5A. You need to establish why it has ruptured before replacing, when replacing ensure the consumer unit is switched off.

That is a rewritable fuse, most hardware shops sell fuse wire on a card to replace it with.
Be sure to use the right size wire as it says on front of fuse carrier

Might find a card of it knocking about near the consumer unit.

Reply to Need help replacing fuse in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I have a question which is confusing me and I cannot find a definitive answer and I hope someone can help. So I have a PC and Monitor and I have...
Replies
Views
Hi, can a 60a AC disconnect fuse box with 2 class K busman 50amp fuse work as a disconnect near the outlet ? Or would it need to be an actual...
Replies
Views
Trying to get the daughter's old VW Beetle Cabriolet (2003 plate) back on the road and need to replace a couple of fuses. Problem is that all the...
Replies
Views
Hi there, Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated! (Note, this is not a DIY, I'm using a fully qualified electrician, just posting here...
Replies
Views
Hi I need to find a suitable replacement for a DU/C GFE 10A 250V (PF) - 10A fuse it needs to be glass fast blow Any advice would be appreciated...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock