Discuss Need help to access thermostat screws in the Electrical Appliances Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a Beko OTF22300x double oven and need to replace the thermostat in the a main oven.
Problem is that I can't access the screws to remove the old thermostat from behind the control plate, as the plate seems to be made up of 2 panels which are really close and I can't separate them.
The thermostat screws are fastened through the inner panel but the outer panel covers them, so can't get to them.
I've attached some photos to show the control plate with the knobs removed, and also the inside of it which shows how close together the 2 panels are (top edge).

Does anyone know how to get these damn panels apart without damaging them, as this seems to be the only way I can see to do it!!!

Many thanks for reading this!!

Need help to access thermostat screws Front panel - EletriciansForums.netNeed help to access thermostat screws Inside of front panel - EletriciansForums.net

I don't think it's screwed to the panel.
It's latched onto the lugs same as the ones where there isn't a stat.
Lift the black peg up on the top right corner looking at the Stat, it's latched into a hole, then twist the stat clockwise to release.

I don't think it's screwed to the panel.
It's latched onto the lugs same as the ones where there isn't a stat.
Lift the black peg up on the top right corner looking at the Stat, it's latched into a hole, then twist the stat clockwise to release.

Hey man,
Thanks for the reply.
I think you need to do that too and I did try the other day, but again it seemed like the force needed would break it.
The screws are definitely there, I can see them through the hole, taunting me!!

Attachments

• Need help to access thermostat screws 20200405_193606 - EletriciansForums.net
    20200405_193606.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 12
  • Need help to access thermostat screws 20200405_193601 - EletriciansForums.net
    20200405_193601.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 14
open oven door see if the outer panel has screws behind the top of the door.

open oven door see if the outer panel has screws behind the top of the door.

Hi
I managed to get the whole control plate section out of where it sits so I could see all around it and there were no screws or other fastenings.
It seems that at 5 points (2 along the top edge 3 along the bottom), the inner panel is pressed to the outer panel. Can't see any kind of glue or welding etc, they just seem to be firmly in place.
Only thing I could think of was to try forcing something between them and forcing them apart, but worried they won't go back together.

You can just see one here if you zoom in a bit...

Attachments

• Need help to access thermostat screws 20200405_195208 - EletriciansForums.net
    20200405_195208.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 14
The screws only hold the stat to the black plate.
Measure the spacing between the screws and that will be less than the large hole the whole stat fits in.
Check against the missing one.

The screws only hold the stat to the black plate.
Measure the spacing between the screws and that will be less than the large hole the whole stat fits in.
Check against the missing one.

Ok man, I'll take another look tomorrow - thanks!
[automerge]1586113778[/automerge]
it's a beko. probably fixed with double sided tape. :p

Lol, I'd better get some in then!

They have a little metal tab on the top lug which is bent over to retain the stat in place, you'll need to bend it straight to be able to remove the old stat.
Plus of course release the wing sticking out of the plastic base from its locating hole.

are you sure it's the stat? i was caught out once. thought it was stat. but it turned out to be one of the elements. the bottom one which is where the stat. sits. so the oven was getting over hot from the top element but the stat. wasn't getting hot enough to operate.

are you sure it's the stat? i was caught out once. thought it was stat. but it turned out to be one of the elements. the bottom one which is where the stat. sits. so the oven was getting over hot from the top element but the stat. wasn't getting hot enough to operate.

It's a long story mate but in a nutshell the oven trips out the power, randomly. Can be 2 mins after its turned on, or when it gets hot, or even when its cooling down. No discernible pattern to it.
Over the last 6 to 8 months ish I've replaced the element and the fan/motor and each of those times it seemed to happen less often after, but it's getting really frequent again and also doesn't seem to like being turned to over about 170°c, so figured I'd try the thermostat anyway. Got the part, just can't get in!!
Will try again tomorrow based on the help here though ??

Morning guys,
So thanks to your help I've replaced the thermostat this morning - it was just necessary to remove that round plastic disc.
Sadly it hasn't stopped the tripping problem but at least I now know this hasn't been the cause and can move on.
Thanks again for your help guys, really appreciate it.

Reply to Need help to access thermostat screws in the Electrical Appliances Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock