Discuss Need help wiring reverse camera in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Ok i’m new to this but.. I have a seat ibiza mk5 and a pioneer sphda120 head unit. I’ve wired the unit up everything’s working fine. But I’ve bought a reverse camera and decided to give that a go wiring up. (Pumpkin camera off amazon) I’ve set it up so the black/red wire is on the purple/black reverse light so it is getting power when in reverse. The other wire I’ve spliced it to the brown wire on the reverse light loom. (Even though with this wire not connected camera still works in AV) The headunit has one of them canbus looms something to do with the steering wheel or something, it has a purple with the tag ‘reverse’ so I’ve spliced the red wire at the front end of camera wire to that. (There is also a purple wire coming from the head unit saying same thing) which I’ve left, I’ve put the yellow rca into the one at the back of unit that has a yellow one saying ‘reverse video input’ I go in reverse nothing happens. But if i go on settings to AV the camera comes up. I’ve tried changing settings polarity ect and nothing’s happening. I really don’t want to manually press the screen when I want to reverse. Any help would be appreciated

Reply to Need help wiring reverse camera in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Bought one of these things thinking it would be simpler than running a signal line from the back of the van. The instruction are written in...
Replies
Views
I have a 2013 Passat SEL Premium that had a digital OEM backup camera. Had to replace the head unit with aftermarket and tried a digital to analog...
Replies
Views
Hoping someone might find this a challenging puzzle - I'd be grateful for any help and sorry in advance for the lengthy description! I think...
Replies
Views
I have installed a couple of ceiling lights previously but have never encountered such a set up of wires for the old light. I am unsure which...
Replies
Views
Hi all, not normally my area but have just installed an Android 7" double din head unit in my L200 to replace the stock 2014 era Kenwood/garmin...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock