Discuss Need help with rewiring in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Looking at plug sockets - you probably don’t want a UK electrician
In UK you wouldn’t wire lights on the same circuit as your sockets. If you really have no choice then a fused connection unit. Lights then need to have their own switch.
But judging by your questions - it sounds like you are going DIY without required experience
If this is the case, please find a local electrician for your own safety (there’s a reason why sometimes qualifications are important)

It is acceptable in the US to have receptacles on the same circuit as the lighting in fact there is nothing stopping this in the UK.
@hferozan91 you may be able to reconnect the switch so the receptacle is permanently on it depends if it is separate from the lighting at the switch.

It is acceptable in the US to have receptacles on the same circuit as the lighting in fact there is nothing stopping this in the UK.
@hferozan91 you may be able to reconnect the switch so the receptacle is permanently on it depends if it is separate from the lighting at the switch.
I guess, although you would need a fcu and then switches downstream obviously
Else you would have issues with size of breakers and cables between radial/ring and lighting
And be a real pain when testing radial/ring for insulation resistance

Americans have their own way of doing things , undwitched sockets , mixed power and lighting all over the place , bare cpcs , no rcds generally required ,

Lights and sockets on same circuit was the norm in most European countries in the past, although the UK model is definately becoming the "new norm"

To give an acurate answer, I can't take for granted the lines you drew are the actual path of the wires. Unless, of course, this IS how it's ran.
But I don't want to assume this. Someone (a qualified electrician) would open the switch box & the outlet, to figure out where the wires are actually ran. Sorry I can't help more.

Reply to Need help with rewiring in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net