Discuss NEED Legal advice - solar system malfunctioning in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Gedis

-
Reaction score
Hello, i have big problems with my solar system - inverter malfunctioning, charging batteries gone crazy, battery died in couple month i guess (charges to 100% quickly and soon takes charge from batterie, the charge drops to 40-32% and does not go back if charge stops taking energy from batteries)
My installation company Project Solar UK does not want to hear anything about it, even i know i have life warranty with them (only batteries have 10 years) they ignoring my calls, ignoring my emails, ignoring every time i trying to contact them. So im looking for independent solar engineer to do check my system and write me full report and then i need solicitor who specialize in this phere to give Project Solar UK to the court... Many Thanks

Thanks for your replays. To answer your question, - yes I did that, and even got few engineers come around to check it but didn't go any further. They have replaced the inverter, but new one is malfunctioning even more than old one. The engineers scratched they heads, as they could not find any problems. All they say is that they will need to do a full system check, but they didn't. I have contacted them since beginning of the February, and now last month I have been ignored. I did filed the complain form, they acknowledge it. But all they did just made system malfunction even worse than at the beginning. Problem started from generating meter go backwards and I end up with improper solar system and my batteries only year and bit old does not charge proper and do not keep the charge. Yes I have contacted this month them few times to asking if they willing to do anything about it but have no replay at all. I write to them if they do nathing I will go and ask my solicitor to step in, but even that didn't make them to replay or do anything about it. I'm lost, don't know what to do, I pay a lot of money for the system, but end up with head aik and malfunctioning solar system.

No company would be stupid enough to give an unconditional lifetime warranty on what is essentially just a package of electronics. They will have loads of get-out clauses.

There's no reason why solar panels and inverters will last any longer than a Televison or washing machine.

I suspect they'll be a higher than normal failure rate over the next few weeks whilst we have the heat waves.

No company would be stupid enough to give an unconditional lifetime warranty on what is essentially just a package of electronics. They will have loads of get-out clauses.

There's no reason why solar panels and inverters will last any longer than a Televison or washing machine.

I suspect they'll be a higher than normal failure rate over the next few weeks whilst we have the heat waves.
This isn't something whether is makes malfunctioning, its nothing to do with that, just Project solar uk does not know how proper install solar systems, there is no end complains on trustpilot website,they getting positive feedbacks just from themselves, as seems they manipulating the feedbacks by writing them themselves

Hi Dave, I'd imagine the issue here is that you have (sensibly) interpreted "lifetime" to mean as long as you choose to have the product, but that is rarely what they mean.
I regularly read small-print (very sad!) and I've often seen "lifetime" caveated. They most likely mean the expected lifetime of that type of product - one example that springs to mind was a Dell laptop battery. I was surprised to see that it said it was expected to last only "300 charges".

More relevantly re. solar stuff ... I'm sure when my inverter developed a relay fault - not long after the guarantee expiry of course - I was told by someone that you'd expect an 'average' (i.e. non-major brand) inverter is only expected to last about 5 years on average. Wish I'd known that before I invested so much in a PV system! It does seem rather low though. In my case, fortunately I was able to hack out the grid relays and replace them with high quality ones.

Reply to NEED Legal advice - solar system malfunctioning in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock