Discuss Need some advice for garden lighting in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

Squid

whats good as in coloured spiked lights as I fancy lighting the garden up, someone mentioned Ansell but do they have spike lights with green, red or yellow lamps?

Also if I was to run an armoured to my shed which in the future will be rebuilt to about 30m2 will a 10mm suffice as it may also include an electric shower and an electric tap.

Also if I was to run an armoured to my shed which in the future will be rebuilt to about 30m2 will a 10mm suffice as it may also include an electric shower and an electric tap.

So whats the purpose of the big shed? Is it going to be a bit like a granny flat? How many people will be using it? What's going in besides a shower and electric taps? What heading is it having?

Home office but split as a tool shed which won't be larger then I have now as the larger the space the more rubbish you fill it with. Man cave basically maybe pool table or a pin ball machine. Should be well insulated so some form of electrical heating in it as its not worth running central heating pipes to the shed along the garden as if the extension protruded 5mts and the shed the same then it still leaves 25mts of garden in between.

Well if it's just for you then 10mm SWA cable (60A) would be more than enough... I presume you don't need anything bonding. (building structure wise)
Oh, by the way, I don't want to know what you get up to in there that you need a shower....

Last edited:
Well if it's just for you then 10mm SWA cable (60A) would be more than enough... I presume you don't need anything bonding. (building structure wise)
Oh, by the way, I don't want to know what you get up to in there that you need a shower....

PM sent.......

coloured spike lights? don't get me started, elderly customer rang me recently asking for me to go look at her lights and quote for wiring them in, they were the cheap ones with little solar panels with small leds inside, the sort you get in homebase, the range, wilko etc... just put in ground and pull out the strip over battery and then they start charging/working and come on with darkness. I had to explain to the lady they dont need wiring, she just needed to put them into ground and take out the strip. She looked at me as if I was from another world and that it was some witchcraft hocus pocus! so i put them in the ground for her, didnt charge as it took a couple of minutes, but did get some nice lemon drizzle cake and a good cup of coffee. It shows you that some people have missed the technology changes and are from another generation.

coloured spike lights? don't get me started, elderly customer rang me recently asking for me to go look at her lights and quote for wiring them in, they were the cheap ones with little solar panels with small leds inside, the sort you get in homebase, the range, wilko etc... just put in ground and pull out the strip over battery and then they start charging/working and come on with darkness. I had to explain to the lady they dont need wiring, she just needed to put them into ground and take out the strip. She looked at me as if I was from another world and that it was some witchcraft hocus pocus! so i put them in the ground for her, didnt charge as it took a couple of minutes, but did get some nice lemon drizzle cake and a good cup of coffee. It shows you that some people have missed the technology changes and are from another generation.

You missed a trick there. You could installed some black irrigation pipe, and told her it was swa, and charged her a small fortune.

did some coloured spikes in our garden a few years ago. PAR 38's. till i saw the meter disc imitating the starship Enterprise entering warp drive.

Reply to Need some advice for garden lighting in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net