Discuss Need some advice please... cable pull in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

sythai

-
Arms
Reaction score
Evening All

Not done many bigger cable pulls for yonks (mainly domestic for last 10years.)

Just after a few pointers please ?

We’ve got to get couple of SWA from DB and up the garden: 1x16mm 3core and 1x2.5mm 12core.

Builders put in 100mm corrigated duct, around 30 metres. Duct finishes tight against house then it’s another 20metres under the floors to DB. Has dog leg half way along duct!

Should we staggered and pull cables at same time?

And what do reckon in will be like to pull with x3 of us on it?

Hopefully I’m worrying about nothing.

Cheers Sy

Personally I don’t think you have anything to worry about. Stagger the cables with the smallest diameter as the lead and make sure they are well tied to the draw line. Should be able for 1 person to feed and another to pull leaving you free for a brew ?

tie a spare draw wire to the rope you are pulling the cables with, tie it separately to the rope. i.e not attached to the cables so if the cable breaks free of the rope, you can pull it back and start again.

Ensure cables are fed into the ducting side by side and not twisted up. Have a person charged with that responsibility, including the new draw string. Think I've kept that as clean as possible, without using any 'double entendres'. :)

Ensure cables are fed into the ducting side by side and not twisted up. Have a person charged with that responsibility, including the new draw string. Think I've kept that as clean as possible, without using any 'double entendres'. :)

Hey hey..."twisted"... .giggerty ?

Don't forget to lay some thick,plastic sheets,on the ground,where the draw cord rubs,and go easy on the clutch,to start with... ;)

Bit embarrassed to be honest.....:confounded: all sorted today (75metres in end) was piece of pizz, flew in !!

Sorry to have wasted your time Guys, can have good giggle at me deserve it:rolleyes:

I was expecting you to say you were pulling in a 4 core 240mm SWA ?

done that, used my pickup truck.
just don't seem to have the strength in my arms to manage it.
mind you it was a long one!!

Reply to Need some advice please... cable pull in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net