Discuss Need to know where to find this type of breaker in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
I'm setting up a pv system with a Trace Xantrex SW5548 inverter power wall. I'm going over the peripheral units (DC disconnect, AC disconnect and bypass switches and a T240 step up transformer for 220v usage. I bought a pre-owned system 10 years ago that I've had in storage and also found (2) new old stock SW5548's that I plan to use, with the used unit as a back up.

I plan on replacing all breakers and disconnects in these units with new, but there's one in the AC disconnect/bypass that I'm having trouble locating, or at least the correct 'parts' to build it with. It's a Square D made up of two 60A breakers, one single and one double, with a safety lockout toggle mounted to the double where the switch is normally located. The metal 'toggle' is made to keep one of the breakers off while the other is on. I've seen them in industrial plants I've worked in, but can't find anything like this anywhere yet. Thanks for any help on this.View attachment 93728

Last edited:
The metal 'toggle' is made to keep one of the breakers off while the other is on. I've seen them in industrial plants I've worked in, but can't find anything like this anywhere yet. Thanks for any help on this.View attachment 93728
Sorry but we can't see the picture.

It sounds a lot like a transfer switch made out of two breakers to allow changing between the mains supply and a local power source (generator, stand-alone PV system, etc).

Have you any reason to suspect the breakers need replacing? Are they from a type or batch that has a recall for fire risk, etc?

I'm setting up a pv system with a Trace Xantrex SW5548 inverter power wall. I'm going over the peripheral units (DC disconnect, AC disconnect and bypass switches and a T240 step up transformer for 220v usage. I bought a pre-owned system 10 years ago that I've had in storage and also found (2) new old stock SW5548's that I plan to use, with the used unit as a back up.

I plan on replacing all breakers and disconnects in these units with new, but there's one in the AC disconnect/bypass that I'm having trouble locating, or at least the correct 'parts' to build it with. It's a Square D made up of two 60A breakers, one single and one double, with a safety lockout toggle mounted to the double where the switch is normally located. The metal 'toggle' is made to keep one of the breakers off while the other is on. I've seen them in industrial plants I've worked in, but can't find anything like this anywhere yet. Thanks for any help on this.View attachment 93728
I can’t get your pictures to open but if it’s a square-d breaker with two random 60’s you probably need to look up to see what electrical parts are around you. On Square-D breakers CES ( city electrical supply) would be ideal for what you need. Good luck with your project

I can’t get your pictures to open but if it’s a square-d breaker with two random 60’s you probably need to look up to see what electrical parts are around you. On Square-D breakers CES ( city electrical supply) would be ideal for what you need. Good luck with your project
you could also have the power company to put a lock on it

IMG_8842.JPGHmm, don't know what happened there. pc1966- yes, that's exactly what it's for (partly). These two switches allow the inverter to attach and control a generator and/or grid electric. We'll be totally off grid with the nearest line 1/2 mile away. These breakers also control the AC disconnect from the inverter. Per your second question, there's no reason to suspect it's bad, but I need two of them with 2 inverters. These are part of a complete used set up I bought (Trace Xantrex power board, (8) 120w evergreen modules, (8) L-16 batteries and an Air-X wind generator and tower), that came as a single inverter set up. So, I need two of them, then will keep the old one as a back up. I've also got to get disconnects and breakers for the DC disconnect box and the T240 step up transformer, which also allows me to use a 240v generator to charge the batteries more efficiently.

Megawatt- We'll be off-grid. I'm the power company there. :)IMG_8841.JPG

Reply to Need to know where to find this type of breaker in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net