Discuss Neff circotherm oven fault in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi
I am new to this forum so apologies if I have not structured this post correctly.

Question:

I have a Neff double circotherm oven model U1524. It is 4 years old. We have recently noticed that although the oven is working the temperature in the main oven is significantly below the set temperature (measured against an internal cooker thermometer) ie it internally reads 150 degrees when set at 170 degrees (170 circotherm I understand should equate to 200 degrees conventional). Any suggestions as to the likely cause please.Many thanks

Faulty thermostat on oven? Inaccurate thermometer? (How do you know it's right?)
If an error of 20 deg bothers you, at least try measuring with another thermometer and see if it agrees. Better still get hold of a properly calibrated instrument.

If it's a mechanical thermostat then 10-15% discrepancy wouldn't be unusual. Some thermostats have a calibration screw for setting the range and the hysteresis, not sure about the particular model you have though.

HandySparks and Marvo
Many thanks for your replies and suggestions. I have tested the oven thermometer (using neighbours oven) and it seems to be accurate. The thermostat sounds promising but would it cause the oven to remain at a fixed maximum temperature irrespective of how high you set the oven? The oven will get hotter when you turn it up but there is about a 25% difference between what the 'circotherm' digital display says (and what the equivalent internal temperature should be) and the actual internal temperature. More impartantly my wife is convinced that the oven has only recently started doing this. (I suggested it might be down to her cooking skills but this did not go down well at all !!! ) Any further thoughts?

Really grateful for your help with this
Peter

Last edited:
There's a few other possible causes but it's difficult to say without actually doing some testing on the oven. There's usually a safety device that protects against dangerous overheating, could be this is coming in at a lower temperature than it should. Could even be an element not heating if there's multiple elements in the oven. Ill fitting doors, worn hinges and damaged door gaskets can cause temperature problems and uneven internal temperature zones.

My best advice if you've checked all the obvious areas is to get an appliance repair guy or an electrician in to test and find the problem. If you've no experience in these things it could cost you more in the long run by replacing parts when they might not be faulty.

Reply to Neff circotherm oven fault in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net