Discuss Neff dishwasher Child lock? in the Electrical Appliances Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Ah I see now, the catch drops and pushes back to force the door against the seal.
As the door is opened it pushes the catch up in an arc.

All sorted now.

Hopefull in the future is anyone searches for
NEFF DOOR CATCH SEEMS JAMMED AND WON'T ALLOW DOOR TO CLOSE,
they might find this thread.

SNOWHEAD - you’re brilliant. I’VE JUST DONE IT. It’s all about understanding what’s going on isn’t it. The bit on the right is possibly like a clip that clips in, so it had to be pulled forward - it had got pushed back and down so we were basically looking at the underneath of it I think. Now it’s kind of flipped over like 90degrees. Anyway, it’s as sweet as ever now. Honestly these forums are amazing, as a 60 plus woman I’ve recently replaced my clock on the oven, and in lockdown a thermostat on my washing machine, a donut washer on my loo and now another disaster averted. Thanks guys, you are all fabulous.
Element, not thermostat - that just shows how much I know!

I have the same model of Neff dishwasher, and have just encountered the exact same problem as @Buffyrose . Google certainly helps misery find company. :)

The larger latch bit on the right (in the centre of the upper frame of the dishwasher) seems to be protruding too far down, and I can't push it back up into the mechanism to its normal operating position as described in this thread. The bit on the left toggles back and forth easily, but doesn't make any difference in moving the larger catch back into position. Any tips on how to manoeuvre it?

Neff dishwasher Child lock? 1612694306185 - EletriciansForums.net

Neff dishwasher Child lock? 1612694210840 - EletriciansForums.net

Neff dishwasher Child lock? 1612694250153 - EletriciansForums.net

Thanks,

Andre

Update: no amount of finger pressure on the large wedge-shaped latch on the right seemed to do anything, but applying a bit of WD40 into the mechanism and slamming the door shut with... shall we say... "rather more force than usual" has pushed it back into place, and all seems to be working fine now. It's not dropping back down when the door is open, unless I press the smaller release catch on the left. This is how it now looks:

Neff dishwasher Child lock? 1612695779493 - EletriciansForums.net

As @snowhead said, these threads are a godsend for people who have the same issues, once Google has indexed them. Thanks for all the posts here.

Andre

Yes, that seems to fit the scenario exactly - and yes, the door was open. I just can’t get that flap to budge - presumably as it’s a lock it’s going to be tough- but I’m hurting my fingers - it’s just solid. It goes up into itself, into the machine but I can shift it R or L.
Get a tea-spoon with a narrow flat handle. Put the flat back of the spoon up and behind the latch on the right. Lever it towards you and should free the lock back into the forward, unlocked position. Close the door as normal and run the wash cycle

Reply to Neff dishwasher Child lock? in the Electrical Appliances Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock