Discuss Neff oven 2 year and two months old,and out of John Lewis warranty,no help either. in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Today the mains tripped, after doing so twice, and checked voltage supply, ie the clock was flashing, but no oven heat. I had previously removed the bulb and changed it first, however, the fault remained. Finally, I removed the bulb and glass cover. The oven has been working ever since and fitted the glass cover, minus the bulb. Mealtime came and the steak was done. Happy wife too. Has anyone ever experienced this fault with a Neff oven mod B44552N5GB?

Hi,seen enuff naff neffs :) chances are,you may have had an issue with the lamp. Sometimes there is a piece left in,or unseen damage,etc.
You are always as well,getting the mirror and torch out,to ensure the fitting is perfect.
Repairing or replacement,may require a strip-down,from the rear (giggerty);)

Had similar with a new AEG, still got photos somewhere from all the bits the repair engineers had it in. Think it was a loose wire on the lamp section that was the fault.

Could it be a loose wire on the neutral side of the lamp, so that when you put a lamp in and complete the circuit its going down to earth. Take the lamp out, no complete circuit to take current down to earth.

.....no big deal.....me and my mates once cooked a ham,by burying it in a muck heap....took a day and a half,but,doable :rolleyes:

Takes me back to the days on the farm when my Granny would put the meal up in the hay box for the men in the fields cutting the old fashioned binder harvest.

When the "mains" IE the RCD or MCB trip, does the oven run for a few minutes then trip? If so, I had a similar issue recently - also on a Neff although I'd imagine all ovens are similar. There is a temperature cut out inside the back of the oven. It detects any over heat and cut the power - or should. Worth checking that and replacements are under twenty quid. Hardest part is lifting out the oven but you can check all the terminals at the same time. Image attached.
Neff oven 2 year and two months old,and out of John Lewis warranty,no help either. 20190315_155907 - EletriciansForums.net

When the "mains" IE the RCD or MCB trip, does the oven run for a few minutes then trip? If so, I had a similar issue recently - also on a Neff although I'd imagine all ovens are similar. There is a temperature cut out inside the back of the oven. It detects any over heat and cut the power - or should. Worth checking that and replacements are under twenty quid. Hardest part is lifting out the oven but you can check all the terminals at the same time. Image attached.View attachment 48932
You could have made more effort with that photograph! Different brands of screwdrivers and not all facing the same way

Takes me back to the days on the farm when my Granny would put the meal up in the hay box for the men in the fields cutting the old fashioned binder harvest.

I have in the past,had a go with a wire tied binder,and hauled them up a ladder,as they did....
Just a bit of fun,with some old gear,including a threshing box...hard work,when you think what one lad can do,with a modern haylage set-up :)

Reply to Neff oven 2 year and two months old,and out of John Lewis warranty,no help either. in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock