Discuss Negative switch relay in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
I wish to run a 12v fan in the cabin of my car, only while the engine is running.
I wanted to use the alternator charge wire, connected to a relay, so when it switches off, the relay opens. But my car doesn't have such a wire on the alternator.

I'd like to use the oil sender wire.
This is a negative switch.

Can I wire a relay so that when the oil light goes out, the circuit opens? Either positive or nagative output is fine.

Thanks.

Hands up who remembers the good old days when if you were selling a car with dodgy oil pressure you'd wire the warning light into the ignition warning one instead....

I think he wants engine running, not ignition on. TBH I can't think why, as you're not really supposed to leave the ignition on with the engine not running for significant periods.

Hi,the make and model of the vehicle is important,in deciding the best method of achieving what the OP wants.

Reply to Negative switch relay in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hello folks, So my van got found after being stolen ;D Now I'm installing my own alarm on the van which is triggered when a door is opened. Im...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone, New to the forum but hoping I can find a little help with my restoration project... I am adding a secondary wiring "system" to my...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, im currently trying to start my new big block chev in a chevelle but having issues.. im a full novice on electrics so be gentle ! The...
Replies
Views
Hello! I'm needing some help. I'm wiring in a start panel, using a spst toggle, and a (momentary?) push button. The idea is to flip the switch to...
Replies
Views
Mileage: 112223 - DTCs - P0480 cooling fan. Also codes in TIPM P0691, P0692 for cooling fan control circuit. Tests/Procedures Performed: 1...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock