Discuss Nest (Gen 1) Install - Wiring Help in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

james_dxb

DIY
Reaction score
Hello! I'm new so go easy!

I have a Nest module (Gen 1) that I want to use to replace a Schneider Electric Thermostat TC303-3A2. I'm just not sure if:

A - The Nest is even compatible with my current Air Conditioning system
B - The wiring pictured below can be modified safely to host a Nest thermostat.

Can someone help me identify the type of wiring (and/or voltage) based on the pictures? Advice duly appreciated!

IMG-7205.jpg
This is the back of the Schneider Electric Thermostat TC303-3A2 faceplate. (8 thin wires)

IMG-7204.jpg
This is on the back of the unit that was pulled out of the wall. These 6 wires go into the wall. (1 x Black, 3 x Blue, 1 x Yellow and 1 x Red).

Would this work with the Nest? Can I wire it up myself?

Thank you!
James.

Hello! I'm new so go easy!

I have a Nest module (Gen 1) that I want to use to replace a Schneider Electric Thermostat TC303-3A2. I'm just not sure if:

A - The Nest is even compatible with my current Air Conditioning system
B - The wiring pictured below can be modified safely to host a Nest thermostat.

Can someone help me identify the type of wiring (and/or voltage) based on the pictures? Advice duly appreciated!

View attachment 55549
This is the back of the Schneider Electric Thermostat TC303-3A2 faceplate. (8 thin wires)

View attachment 55548
This is on the back of the unit that was pulled out of the wall. These 6 wires go into the wall. (1 x Black, 3 x Blue, 1 x Yellow and 1 x Red).

Would this work with the Nest? Can I wire it up myself?

Thank you!
James.
James could you please show us the drawings that come with your new thermostat so we can help you

BIG CORRECTION: It is GENERATION 2, not GENERATION 1.

I do not have the physical documents with me, but here is a link to the user guide:

Here is a diagram of the wiring sockets at the back of the nest:

View attachment 55568

I hope this helps!

Thanks, James.
James looking at the nest you need a wire on terminal G which is for your fan and it takes 6 wires to wire it up properly. It’s a smart thermostat and ive wired one myself but every HVAC unit has its on color coding system. My suggestion is that to.call the manufacturer. Good luck

James looking at the nest you need a wire on terminal G which is for your fan and it takes 6 wires to wire it up properly. It’s a smart thermostat and ive wired one myself but every HVAC unit has its on color coding system. My suggestion is that to.call the manufacturer. Good luck

Thanks, Megawatt. I'll try to get in contact with them. Otherwise, I may approach an alternative solution. Are there any simpler DIY wi-fi thermostats on the market?

Cheers, James.

Thanks, Megawatt. I'll try to get in contact with them. Otherwise, I may approach an alternative solution. Are there any simpler DIY wi-fi thermostats on the market?

Cheers, James.
Yes they have all kinds or thermostats but you will get yours wired. Good luck my friend

Looking for help with the same kind of question if someone can tell me what wire should go we’re. Thanks in advance 1A3DA8F1-0A67-43B8-AB11-308445B0D4E7.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    347.7 KB · Views: 4

Reply to Nest (Gen 1) Install - Wiring Help in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net