Discuss Nest Hello transformer/chime. in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Afternoon everyone.
A customer has just purchased this video doorbell and asked me to fit to the existing chime, but It appears to be incompatible.
I only have mains and push button connections. There is no access to the transformer terminals.

Does anyone know of an all in one transformer/chime that is compatible to avoid having a transformer mounted next to a separate chime unit?

Cheers everyone.

Electrical2Go - Online Electrical Supplier
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Mains powered.

S

Squid

240/220 or from a tranny, the Nest should come with a chime connector.

I only have two terminals available. These are the push button terminals. There is no access to the transformer connections.

S

Squid

What make and model do you have currently?

Currently installed is a Deta c3500. This is an all in one unit. I really need a similar, but compatible product or I will end up with a din rail transformer mounted next to the chime.

IMG-20190508-WA0002.jpg

I used the BG transformer from screwfix and mounted it remotely in a box and fitted a DIN rail. I couldn’t find anything else that would push enough voltage out

Loki

-
Trainee
Supporter
Is the door bell fed at the CU or off the lights?
If fed from the CU is there space for the din rail transformer in there?
You could then fit a door bell without a built in transformer.

Or could use alexa echo

freddo

-
Arms
Supporter
Esteemed
These things are designed for the American market where a standard doorbell transformer outputs 16V.

S

Squid

Is the door bell fed at the CU or off the lights?
If fed from the CU is there space for the din rail transformer in there?
You could then fit a door bell without a built in transformer.

Or could use alexa echo
Would a CSU be able to accommodate a DIN style tranny?

Loki

-
Trainee
Supporter
From the reviews on screwfix they say they fitted them inside the CU, just make sure you have the space

Thanks everyone. Supply is not from the CU.
Going down the route of New enclosure next to the wall chime.
Customer didn't want this , hence me asking if anyone had experience of a compatible all in one unit.

Spoon

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
Thanks everyone. Supply is not from the CU.
Going down the route of New enclosure next to the wall chime.
Customer didn't want this , hence me asking if anyone had experience of a compatible all in one unit.
Excuse my ignorance but why has the new enclosure got to be fitted next to the chime? Can't you mount it away from it and just feed the output from the transformer to the chime? You have to run a mains cable to the enclosure and the output to the chime anyway.

Reply to Nest Hello transformer/chime. in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

CK Tools :) The professionals choice when it comes to Electrical Tools
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
Top Bottom