Discuss Nest Hello transformer/chime. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Afternoon everyone.
A customer has just purchased this video doorbell and asked me to fit to the existing chime, but It appears to be incompatible.
I only have mains and push button connections. There is no access to the transformer terminals.

Does anyone know of an all in one transformer/chime that is compatible to avoid having a transformer mounted next to a separate chime unit?

Cheers everyone.

What about this

https://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/british-general-8-24v-8-va-bell-transformer-module/8707p

From memory i think 16v is minimum

Is the door bell fed at the CU or off the lights?
If fed from the CU is there space for the din rail transformer in there?
You could then fit a door bell without a built in transformer.

Or could use alexa echo

Is the door bell fed at the CU or off the lights?
If fed from the CU is there space for the din rail transformer in there?
You could then fit a door bell without a built in transformer.

Or could use alexa echo
Would a CSU be able to accommodate a DIN style tranny?

Thanks everyone. Supply is not from the CU.
Going down the route of New enclosure next to the wall chime.
Customer didn't want this , hence me asking if anyone had experience of a compatible all in one unit.

Excuse my ignorance but why has the new enclosure got to be fitted next to the chime? Can't you mount it away from it and just feed the output from the transformer to the chime? You have to run a mains cable to the enclosure and the output to the chime anyway.

Reply to Nest Hello transformer/chime. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi, A lot about this fault confused me to be honest. So customer complained the doorbell was not working as intended. By that I mean the chime...
Replies
Views
Our old Friedland chime all too often now emits a only faint "ding"- because the person at the door (usually a delivery driver) just "dabs" at...
Replies
Views
Hello All, Incase this reaches other non UK residents to confirm this doorbell has been fitted in England it regard to electricity distribution...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have purchased a Ring Video Doorbell in the UK, and am looking to install it. I live in a New build property and the transformer to the...
Replies
Views
Hi. Here's some background info. I am located in the United States, and have had a Nest Hello video doorbell working perfectly for a couple of...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock