Discuss Nest voltage question on Transformer in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

smccran

DIY
Reaction score
Hello all,

I'm in the UK and I'm looking to fit a 'Hello Nest' Doorbell. In the setup instructions it includes the attached screen shot (nest-screenshot.png),

nest-screenshot.png

asking what the Voltage and Power rating are on your transformer. My current doorbell is mains powered, (see other attached file, chime.jpg)

chime.jpg

I've found the transformer that the chime is linked to, thats the attached file, transformer.jpg

transformer.jpg

My questions is that I think that my transformer (a Friedland 753) looks to be 8V, which is the middle option on the Nest setup screenshot. Can any validate that that is correct? The middle option on the nest screenshot is what I have in that Transformer?

Thanks

you should select the 1st option, less than 16V as the transformers output voltage is 8V.
I expect that when you select that option it will recommend a replacement transformer.

the middle option is for 16V to 24V
8VA is a different way of stating 8 Watts maximum load.

note: for the non DIY crew,
I understand resistive, inductive, capacitive loadings and there impact on power factor however for the purpose of this thread it is irrelevant and confusing to the OP.

Last edited:

Reply to Nest voltage question on Transformer in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi everyone, I need help installing a Lorex smart doorbell. I have tried to install a doorbell transformer several times to no avail. The first...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I've installed a Lorex doorbell recently, but it is not turning on. I did some tests using a multimeter and this is what I found...
Replies
Views
Hi, So I ended up with a Ring video wired doorbell instead of a Byron video wired doorbell as B&Q were out of stock (had ordered online) and they...
Replies
Views
Hi. I have a blink video doorbell and want to connect a 12v mechanical bell (pic attached below). I know Blink only allow 16v-24v AC transformers...
Replies
Views
I am sending power to some 5v led lights about 50ft from the transformer. I was going to use some CAT6 direct Burial cable that I kept after a...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock