Discuss Never stripe cable like that... in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Dustydazzler

-
Esteemed
Arms
Supporter
Reaction score
I quite like this lads Vids , but at roughly 12m17s he demonstrates how to peel back & strip twin and earth ...

the bit where he uses the cable shears to pinch the top of the cable is a BIG NO NO to me , too much pressure and you would cut into the copper cores. Grrr

thoughts ....?

I hate that method of pinching the top of the cable that that , grrrr

if you really feel the need to do it then use an electricians knife to score it

Was it not to demonstrate the difference between using the Knipex stripper and traditional cutters. ( I scrolled through without sound so dont know what he was he was saying )

Oooh no not for me either! I have had a ck electricians knife for the last 20 years and up until the last Elex show it was my go to tool for stripping t&e. Now I do still use it a lot but I got a pair of these and if I can I will use them instead as they are so much faster imho!
https://cktools-superstore.co.uk/ep...ObjectPath=/Shops/eshop841008/Products/T20030
Much quicker and can strip neutral and live at the same time after removing the sheath, on three core it will strip the sheath and then all three cores at the same time, so not just for T&E.

Yes much quicker I was amazed at how much sheath you could strip with them, I got 50cm off a length of 2.5 as they are pass through. Great for flex as well and the insulation on any type of conductor tbh! I actually rate them quite highly and it takes a fair bit to impress me!

The beauty of them is they will get inside a wall box and strip the sheath close to the back, and the cable can pass through between the handles to strip a long way up a cable, I used them to strip an earth pass through to the DB from the head, the best price I'v found today is here: https://www.superlecdirect.com/p-qf...TL0EuXglqKVY3Qf-NZl21139lC8z3xmxoCDtsQAvD_BwE but I am sure I did not pay that much for them.

No definitely not from wish, the rotary stripping tool came from edmondson!
I know there are many brands of the automatic strippers I have seen some Ideal ones too! Think I paid about £25 for mine at Elex in Coventry. Worth every penny though!

Reply to Never stripe cable like that... in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net