Discuss New 3 Bed Pricing in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

S

s18mcn

hello ha

Ive recently been asked to price a 3bed house,consisting of

1x utility
1x office
1x Living room
1x dining room
1x downstairs toilet
1x Double garage
3x bedrooms
1x ensuite
1x bathroom

He wants 6x spots in kitchen 3x spots in bathroom pendants all else where its going to have underfloor heating downstairs plus biler controls

Ive never had to price a new build before as havent been on my own that long and was gauging info from you guys!!!!

I was looking at about £3500 - £4000 ?? Am i on the right wasve length?? Your input would be most appreciated!

you're in the right ball park. depends on what is to be installed. cost the gear, then add labour, ***** days @£*** per day.

bear in mind that 1st fix is a lot easier and quicker in a new build than in an occupied house.

Last edited:
A rule of thumb, and a cheap option, would be to cost the materials (x) and then total cost of installation (y) = (x * 100 /40)
or better

2/ Price by post code (remember its good enough for insurance companies)

3/ price by outlet
If you say each outlet costs £ x for labour and materials then multiply by number of outlets.

4/ Price by time and materials for each section of the job and either multiply by the number of sections or if different add them together

5/ Price by labour
Cost of materials plus an hourly rate

Looks about right..... just priced up new 5 bed before xmas - so extra 2 beds and one more ensuite than you : came to £4500 + vat

I Think a big factor in the pricing would be the type and make of accessories they wanted, you'll be OK if he just wants the white plastic variety, but maybe in trouble if he wants any of the fancy metal stuff available today....

Thanks for your replies!! Its quite a standard install all white plastic and 3 outside sockets that i fogot to mention. Out of intrest if i becam evat registered does the way you prices change or is it the same eg £4000 +vat @ 20% (800) = 4800??

Sorry about the spelling its the bloody wireless keyboard not keeping up with my typing!!

Fogot to mention the customer also wants 7 x bt and tv points around the property (bedrooms lounge etc) would you include that in the price or additional?

Where abouts are you mate? I remember a few years back I was putting prices in around £2200 for a rewire 3 bed house or similar size and was being told I was far too expensive. That was test and cert all done properly to regs with care and attention. One job I looked at was a 2 storey extension, bedroom with ensuite, kitchen, utility and toilet, CU change, all bonding if I remember correctly it was around £900. Was told another spark had quoted him that for a full rewire! I covered the Doncaster area.

don't forget to add the cost of a distribution amp for the TV points, and the extra socket in the loft to plug it in. also the 7 TV outlets, BT sockets etc.

Out of intrest if i becam evat registered does the way you prices change or is it the same eg £4000 +vat @ 20% (800) = 4800??

Just add 20% on total, simples

My price included 1 x BT extension (master point will be done by BT) and 3 x TV (with final TV connection : booster + ariel to to be done be nominated TV engineer - not in price, all cables back to loft ready)

Last edited:
Fogot to mention the customer also wants 7 x bt and tv points around the property (bedrooms lounge etc) would you include that in the price or additional?

:) ..........and the double garage is 50m from the house with garden path lighting, jacuzzi en-suite, radio controlled telescope........ I usually get the full specification before making an estimate. However, the last large job I did........

Im in Cambridgeshire mate I know its hard to price a job so many to try and cover as i dont want to cut myself short. I couldnt do it for 2200 mate . that just wouldnt be worth doing the cost of spots and ip65 spots arent cheap

For pricing I always covered everything and presented the customer with an itemised quote where they could see that materials were more often than not more expensive than the labour. I estimated the amount of cable required and added about 10% onto that but always rounded up the cost to a full drum. I added the cost of each item ie clips, galv nails for capping, capping, boxes, earth sleeving, tails, CU & breakers etc etc. The customer could see how much they were paying and compare prices on the web and see if they are being ripped off. I added 10% profit onto materials but this was added onto labour charge. Took a while but was worth it and you could see what you are spending.

Reply to New 3 Bed Pricing in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock