Discuss New apprentice seeking advice on what course to be getting onto in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

N

Nathz101

I've recently landed a apprenticeship with a local company and would like advice on what course ishould be getting onto in college , my local colleges offers a level 3 advanced apprenticeship and this is what I've gathered ---

This qualification consists of the Technical Certificate at Level 2 and 3, the NVQ at Level 3 and Level 2 in English and maths.

It’s achieved through practical experience on site and attendance at college one day a week to build the necessary theory and knowledge.

You’ll follow nine units to complete the technical certificates over a three year period. The NVQ is gained over a 42-month period, the final part of the qualification being the AM2 exam.

Subject areas include:

Diagnosing and correcting electrical faults
Preparing and installing wiring systems, wiring enclosures and equipment
Connecting wiring systems and equipment using safe, approved methods

Where could I go after completing this course? Getting a jib/cscs card/gold card and working full time or would I have to go on further courses

thanks In advance

sounds good. at some time you'll need the 2382 ( wiring regs,).

Thank you ... I was told today that each year I progress I will be given a jib apprentice card until I've completed and then get my full jib card so would you say i could work full time after completion and does the rate of pay go higher

I've recently landed a apprenticeship with a local company and would like advice on what course ishould be getting onto in college , my local colleges offers a level 3 advanced apprenticeship and this is what I've gathered ---

This qualification consists of the Technical Certificate at Level 2 and 3, the NVQ at Level 3 and Level 2 in English and maths.

It’s achieved through practical experience on site and attendance at college one day a week to build the necessary theory and knowledge.

You’ll follow nine units to complete the technical certificates over a three year period. The NVQ is gained over a 42-month period, the final part of the qualification being the AM2 exam.

Subject areas include:

Diagnosing and correcting electrical faults
Preparing and installing wiring systems, wiring enclosures and equipment
Connecting wiring systems and equipment using safe, approved methods

Where could I go after completing this course? Getting a jib/cscs card/gold card and working full time or would I have to go on further courses

thanks In advance

Welcome, and well done in gaining an apprenticeship,London based.? I worked in North London with some of the firms, and went to southgate tech .N14

Reply to New apprentice seeking advice on what course to be getting onto in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net