Discuss New Build Contract in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

Spazz

I have just had a quote excepted for the wiring of a conversion of a block of flats, has anyone got a template for a written contract between electrician and customer please?

If anyone can help me with this please pm me

Thanks in advanced

just looked through all 9 pages of anything containing the word contract and cant find anything - loads asking for contracts but no-one replaying

If anyone can help please

Contact a solicitor and explain what you want putting into the contract, yes it will cost but also be worth it's weight in gold to yourself.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

You can bet your life that the main contractor will have a contract which they will expect you to sign, if this is a problem then they may not go ahead with you. This contract will undoubtedly have been prepared by their legal advisors, a home written one would have a coach and horses driven through it by a good solicitor if there was a dispute which ended up in court.

I dont think there is a main contractor on this job tbh.

The Landlord is managing it himself, he has sorted the different trades out himself.

I have just found one from the Federation of Master Trades Men, so going to look at that tomorrow and adapt it to what I need.

Hmmmm. Do what Dillb said, get a solicitor to do it for you.

I agree ...... a "home made" contract won't be worth the paper it's written on - especially seeing as you struggle so much with your spelling & grammar.

Please note I'm not "having a pop" at you ... I'm aware that some people have Dyslexia - my friend for one - and here on a forum we can make allowances for that, but in a legal document you won't have that luxury.

Surely you are a member of one of the Part P scams?

Most/all of these have standard model contracts available for download and a <free> legal help line.

I would think that that would be the best place to start.

I don't quite understand what's going on here?? How can you submit a proposal and win a contract from a client, without knowing your full contractual obligations?? It's the client that generates and issues a project contract, and normally the main contractor that issues project sub-contracts. In this case it seems as if there is no main contractor, so it should/would be the client that issues these sub-contracts.

Tell me, did you get a full electrical specification for this project or not?? If you didn't, again how can you submit a meaningful price to cover all your obligations etc??

I don't quite understand what's going on here?? How can you submit a proposal and win a contract from a client, without knowing your full contractual obligations?? It's the client that generates and issues a project contract, and normally the main contractor that issues project sub-contracts. In this case it seems as if there is no main contractor, so it should/would be the client that issues these sub-contracts.

Tell me, did you get a full electrical specification for this project or not?? If you didn't, again how can you submit a meaningful price to cover all your obligations etc??

Hit the nail on the head, you would have surely had a spec and a sub contract proposal which would have the T&Cs in which you'd have to agree to?

Didn't get anything - it is a local landlord who converts on a regular basis, he was looking for an electrician to install and cert the conversion.

I have started it now anyway - a 5 flat and office conversion from an old Victorian house. Already had 50% upfront (for 1st flat) and will get 25% at end of 1st fix and rest on completion of each flat.

All I was given was a plan with just room layouts (which changed) and a walk though as all studs where about to go up showing what room is what and number of sockets per room then had full freedom to do as I wish within reason.

He then called me and accepted it this morning - start ASAP - I had a cancellation today so started doing 1st fix on a flat.

To be honest it is a small conversion but enough work for me for a few weeks and will fill in nicely with the lack of these kitchens coming in at the moment.

The only people involved in this build is the builder (mate of landlord), landlord (doing most himself), plumber and electrician. Then of course the building inspector. I have done a few like this before as a hobble and signed off through LABC

All I mainly wanted was something in writing stating when I am to get paid so something that I can use if payment was late for any reason

Really you are just looking at this as a large and slightly longer term job, so really you are looking at standard terms and conditions with some payment schedule specified.
As you have started you may be a bit late to apply terms, but this is a link to the business link website which provides some background information about setting terms and conditions see the section on invoicing and payment terms this may help.
As a basic guide to setting terms and conditions Sythai got this document from business link and this might also provide some guidance, as said above T&Cs and contracts should be solicitor reveiwed, but it may help to have something in writing anyway.
View attachment Terms and Conditions Fact Sheet.pdf

Reply to New Build Contract in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net