Electrical2Go - Online Electrical Supplier
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Domestic New build Regs

Discuss New build Regs in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

Spazz

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Doing a new build now (conversion from House to flats), just got a few questions

1. Supplementary Bonding - using a 17th ed CU with 30mA RCD - Main bonding at origin of water and gas - Supplementary Bonding yes or no?
  2. Meter Tails- Meter tails are on show in meter cupboard downstairs and running to upstairs flat, then goes through the ceiling joists (protected from nails etc), then runs up inside a stud wall (protected against nail penetration) - is there any call for protection where tails are on show in meter cupboard? - I don't think there is.
  3. RCD protection on tails - as said above protection - does there need to be RCD protection in meter cupboard or just at CU?
  4. Socket height - asked on a different thread - does the height of 450mm - 1200mm apply to this conversion?
  5. There is no power being connected until after Christmas to these flats, I can do dead tests when I finish, but was wondering can I then do dead again and live at December/January when there is power to them and then issue the cert. Also when do I notify?

Thanks in advanced

Last edited by a moderator:

telectrix

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
  1. Supplementary Bonding - using a 17th ed CU with 30mA RCD - Main bonding at origin of water and gas - SB yes or no? only required if conditions of 701.415.5 are not met.
  2. Meter Tails- Meter tails are on show in meter cupboard downstairs and running to upstairs flat, then goes through the ceiling joists (protected from nails etc), then runs up inside a stud wall (protected against nail penetration) - is there any call for protection where tails are on show in meter cupboard? - I don't think there is. no RCD required if > 50mm depth
  3. RCD protection on tails - as said above protection - does there need to be RCD protection in meter cupboard or just at CU?
  4. Socket height - asked on a different thread - does the height of 450mm - 1200mm apply to this conversion?

Read more: http://www.electriciansforums.net/electrical-forum-general-electrical-forum/62088-new-build-regs.html#ixzz23k8t5WPA

Reply to New build Regs in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electrical2Go - Online Electrical Supplier

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
Aico 3000 Range
Top Bottom