Discuss New build Regs in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

Spazz

Doing a new build now (conversion from House to flats), just got a few questions

1. Supplementary Bonding - using a 17th ed CU with 30mA RCD - Main bonding at origin of water and gas - Supplementary Bonding yes or no?
  2. Meter Tails- Meter tails are on show in meter cupboard downstairs and running to upstairs flat, then goes through the ceiling joists (protected from nails etc), then runs up inside a stud wall (protected against nail penetration) - is there any call for protection where tails are on show in meter cupboard? - I don't think there is.
  3. RCD protection on tails - as said above protection - does there need to be RCD protection in meter cupboard or just at CU?
  4. Socket height - asked on a different thread - does the height of 450mm - 1200mm apply to this conversion?
  5. There is no power being connected until after Christmas to these flats, I can do dead tests when I finish, but was wondering can I then do dead again and live at December/January when there is power to them and then issue the cert. Also when do I notify?

Thanks in advanced

Last edited by a moderator:
  1. Supplementary Bonding - using a 17th ed CU with 30mA RCD - Main bonding at origin of water and gas - SB yes or no? only required if conditions of 701.415.5 are not met.
  2. Meter Tails- Meter tails are on show in meter cupboard downstairs and running to upstairs flat, then goes through the ceiling joists (protected from nails etc), then runs up inside a stud wall (protected against nail penetration) - is there any call for protection where tails are on show in meter cupboard? - I don't think there is. no RCD required if > 50mm depth
  3. RCD protection on tails - as said above protection - does there need to be RCD protection in meter cupboard or just at CU?
  4. Socket height - asked on a different thread - does the height of 450mm - 1200mm apply to this conversion?

Read more: http://www.electriciansforums.net/e...forum/62088-new-build-regs.html#ixzz23k8t5WPA

Reply to New build Regs in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net