Discuss New C/U to replace old Crabtree skeleton unit in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

E

edrobbo8

I have to replace the following board, one half is peak circuits, the other half is Economy 7. It is in a block of flats, so not the easiest situation!

2013-02-19 14.09.57.jpg

Does anyone know of a like for like skeleton unit with RCD protection? The thought crossed my mind about changing the internals and using the old cover, cannot see why that wouldn't comply as IP rating would not be affected.

The manufacturers that i know of that supply skeleton CU units are Crabtree, Wylex, i'm sure there are more. Who is the manufacturer of the existing set-up?? Contact them as your first port of call. If there is a direct replacement, the front covers will be part of the kit supplied...

The way I have done it in the past is to measure the width and height to see how much space you have and compare with 2 new all enclosed units , if it was wylex with a DIN rail and fixing holes each side you could get the skeleton units but with the old CT C50 set up I dont think you will find anything compatable , so new enclosed boards with RCBOs would be the way to go , I have done it with MK Sentry in the past
Keep the old C50 breakers , they are like gold dust .

Keep the old C50 breakers , they are like gold dust .​

Throw the dammed things in the bin where they belong!! They were crap when they were first brought out and have proved themselves to be so ever since!! American designed crap!! Unless you can flog them to an unsuspecting Mug that is, who would know, no different!! lol!!!

Reply to New C/U to replace old Crabtree skeleton unit in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi, I recently had an EICR done at my property which unfortunately was unsatisfactory. So the electrican advised a new fuseboard from BG General...
Replies
Views
Firstly, thank you for taking the time to read this. I am not trained in electrics whatsoever, I am a just a home owner looking for advice. I...
Replies
Views
Beware a little long. I served an electrical apprenticeship a long time ago, then went back to full time education immediately moving away from...
Replies
Views
Hi guys I have this problem that I've been trying to figure out all week. On friday I had a 5 tail economy 7 smart meter installed and every...
Replies
Views
Hi I am moving into a ground floor flat and would like to have a new electric shower installed above an existing bath tub, unfortunately due to...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock