Discuss New career skills (court action)?? in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

S

stuartgil

Hi people of the real electrical world! Just wondering if any one has done the electrician course with NCS as I have and not been able to get a job as an electrician as their web site suggests?? I have spoken to another mature student and he is on about getting a court case against them? As their web site states "train to be an electrician and earn 30k+ a year" this is surely false advertising as the qualification is not recognised within the true electrical industry and even if you were to register with a scheme you are still not deemed an "electrician"! Thoughts of you wise ppl please!

Their defence will be
"you could in theory trade as self employed and earn that much and you are more than qualified to join the schemes which let anyone and his dog in"

I wish you all the best if you decide to pursue this though as someone needs to take these rip off merchants to task.

If you study hard,work hard, you can aspire to the claim

It is not the conventional route, but you must have known that at the outset

In the electrical regs book there is often regs that include words like "must" and "shall" etc,
It makes the outcome of the meaning very different, depending which is used
Beware you have read the 30K claim with this in mind

Reg 120.4 of the forthcoming am.2.......

Thou shalt not recognise Electrical Trainee.

In all seriousness, if anyone out there is looking at these threads and wanting to do a short course that promises the earth for 5k just look at the OP.

Not very nice i agree making the OP as an example, but it has to be done.

Just found out that they have been issued warnings by the advertising agency for false impressions of employment with their qualifications and the courses they run! But that does not seemed to have had any affect with them as I asked a tutor "if I pass this last practical exam when could I start electrical installations"? His reply: "TOMORROW"! Think a lot of ppl have been stitched up with this false promise! I did not expect to start working as an electrician but at least gain employment as a mate but one company asked if I was serious about being an electrician why did I waste my time with this course?? That was a right kick in the #####

I guess you're biggest problem is going to be the definition of an 'Electrician'. A member of the 'public' would view an electrician as someone they called in to replace a damaged socket. On this site you would need to be competent on 3ph at, say, 11 kV to be able to use that term. As far as the 30k goes; ÂŁ50 for an additional socket, 4 per day is ÂŁ200, which is ÂŁ1000 per week...it carries on. Good luck but I don't think you have a snowball in hell's chance. Sorry...

Hi people of the real electrical world! Just wondering if any one has done the electrician course with NCS as I have and not been able to get a job as an electrician as their web site suggests?? I have spoken to another mature student and he is on about getting a court case against them? As their web site states "train to be an electrician and earn 30k+ a year" this is surely false advertising as the qualification is not recognised within the true electrical industry and even if you were to register with a scheme you are still not deemed an "electrician"! Thoughts of you wise ppl please!

I'm going to put it bluntly mate...and im sorry for the situation you find yourself in. However, you are no more an electrician than my mother.

I and 99% of the people on here will never ever employ anyone with the qualification (if you can call it that) you have.

You need to put your efforts in stopping people using these providers, because in all honesty...its nothing but a con. I'm not sure you'll have a court case against them, because they've wormed there way into the industry and for some reason unknown to anyone sane have got themselves recognised with the NIC.

Stauart
Forgive me for being nosey,but

What area do you operate

What have you applied for and with who'm and what was the outcome

Do you have a ecs/cscs card

Have you registered with the agency scum

Have you tried getting work as a mate initially

Are you JIB registered(have you applied)

Are you scam registered(have you applied)

There is work about (albeit lots of temporary) but it is out there

Des, the JIB thankfully are the only people that don't recognise these courses. Well they might, but you wont get the term electrician with them. You need an NVQL3

Reg 120.4 of the forthcoming am.2.......

Thou shalt not recognise Electrical Trainee.

In all seriousness, if anyone out there is looking at these threads and wanting to do a short course that promises the earth for 5k just look at the OP.

Not very nice i agree making the OP as an example, but it has to be done.

Not a problem Markc123, don't mind being the example if ppl are goin to learn by my costly mistake, when I signed up for the course my intentions were always to work for a company and they basically sell you a pack of lies saying that you will have no problem getting a job within a company with the new qualifications you will gain!! Now I'm looking to get involved with a company as a mate as I do have some experience and then do the evening classes over three or four years! College is the only true route to this industry

Des, the JIB thankfully are the only people that don't recognise these courses. Well they might, but you wont get the term electrician with them. You need an NVQL3

Thats certainly true mark
New career skills (court action)?? {filename} | ElectriciansForums.net

I was thinking of him becoming able to get on sites in the first instance (trainee or labourer or the like)
He is reducing his chances if he has nothing

I still find it hard to believe that people actually fall for this! I find it difficult to have any sympathy for people that are willing to fork serious amounts of money, in the belief that they can become an electrician in 5 weeks. This alone proves they have absolutely no idea about the trade. 5 weeks, rightO

Not a problem Markc123, don't mind being the example if ppl are goin to learn by my costly mistake, when I signed up for the course my intentions were always to work for a company and they basically sell you a pack of lies saying that you will have no problem getting a job within a company with the new qualifications you will gain!! Now I'm looking to get involved with a company as a mate as I do have some experience and then do the evening classes over three or four years! College is the only true route to this industry

Genuinley wish you all the best after that last line. You seem to have your head screwed on.

Good luck for the future.

I still find it hard to believe that people actually fall for this! I find it difficult to have any sympathy for people that are willing to fork serious amounts of money, in the belief that they can become an electrician in 5 weeks. This alone proves they have absolutely no idea about the trade. 5 weeks, rightO

When times are hard, people grasp at straws, kinda like a goldrush. It's not their fault totally, but advertising should be more regulated.

Hi Des, I have registered with a few agencies, I am in South Wales but work is few an far between at the moment this side of the bridge and no I have not registered with any of the schemes as they just want money again from you and yes I do have a CsCs card! I work in the construction trade any way but the electricians I know are tight for work and don't have the room for an extra body!!

I still find it hard to believe that people actually fall for this!
But ordinary people trying their best to succeed in life are falling for such things, its how the deception becomes profitable I find it difficult to have any sympathy for people that are willing to fork serious amounts of money, in the belief that they can become an electrician in 5 weeks.I do sympathise with them,a lot of hard earned money for ordinary people is a tragedy if it is seen to be wasted This alone proves they have absolutely no idea about the trade. 5 weeks, They become aware of the dirty deed,after not before the money is spent rightO

Reply to New career skills (court action)?? in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock