Discuss New circuits wired into a plastic consumer unit in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

TJC1

-
Reaction score
Had to install a ring main & cooker circuit for a new kitchen we have been doing.

The consumer unit is hager split load but is plastic. There is no room in the cupboard to add another board and the customers dont want to pay for a board change.

I guess i could just note on the form saying customers did not want to change to metal?

As long as it is safe for continued use is does not need replacing it is fine to add circuits to it.
not only that, but scaremongers ( get rich quick cowboys) are telling the public that their plastic CUs are "illegal". it's time someone clamped down and educated the general public. where's niceic when you need them? hiding away looking for unauthorised use of their logo.

Its about time they got a finger out of their f hole , and start puting in the country to write about part p on the tv and national news papers and not Chinese whispers ,considering they started. It all ,shout from the roof tops ,and makeing monie off peaple like you and me .they are no different to the maffia.

Do all the other schemes educate the general public on plastic CU’s other than the Niceic?

I work for my dad who has been NICEIC for the last 30 years. As i'm slowly getting more involved in the company i'm not sure whether the NICEIC is the way to go? A lot of other electrcians seems to be going NAPIT or over to STORMA

whilst the nicnic may be a pain in the arse, it's the most widely regognised. might be a case of stick with the devil you know.

Its about time they got a finger out of their f hole , and start puting in the country to write about part p on the tv and national news papers and not Chinese whispers ,considering they started. It all ,shout from the roof tops ,and makeing monie off peaple like you and me .they are no different to the maffia.
They would be better off telling people to leave electrical work well alone and call in an electrician. :mad:

buzz, you ever considered a job as a proof reader
Its about time they got a finger out of their f hole , and start putting in the country to write about part p on the tv and national news papers and not Chinese whispers ,considering they started. It all and shout from the roof tops about it ,and making money off peaple like you and me, they are no different to the mafia, it no good doing it with talk and tap the same time.
I was proofing this again at the library . :p:p

What is wrong with plastic? Is there space on the board to add the extra MCBs?, no problem.
I'm kiwi, worked in the UK, wondered why you english don't use Plastic DBs in my country it's the weird guys who use metal

Reply to New circuits wired into a plastic consumer unit in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock