Discuss New circuits wired into a plastic consumer unit in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Excuse me i don't say "MUST".
I say to them it needs to be changed to comply to the current regs.
Most of them take my word.
You can be mad at my way of working but that is me very keen at safety so i do it ~100%.
Uou can sceream as much as you want but that is how i have been trained to carry out my work.
I don't carry out sub standard work.
I rather not do it than loose my credibility.
It’s very admirable that you install to a high Standard however the fact is it doesn’t need to be changed if fit for purpose.
There is no law requiring that an electrical installation requires upgrading to the latest standard.
It’s like saying that if you see red and black coloured wiring, then you refuse to do any alterations unless it’s all ripped out and rewired.

It’s very admirable that you install to a high Standard however the fact is it doesn’t need to be changed if fit for purpose.
There is no law requiring that an electrical installation requires upgrading to the latest standard.
It’s like saying that if you see red and black coloured wiring, then you refuse to do any alterations unless it’s all ripped out and rewired.
Don't get me wrong i have changed CUs with old colour codes after taking all tests to confirm the wiring is safe ie continuity and IR.So after those test i can carry on and change the CU to the required standard.Sometimes the tails are not the required size.
If i do tests on the installation and find that it is not up to scrach i will advise accordingly i e to rewire depending on the nature of the install.
Luckly my clients get it most of the time.

That’s the book not a reg no?
Reg no will be quoted when i am in court.
What are you getting taken to court for ?
Obtaining monies by deception ? ;):D
You wanted the reg no. and i am saying i will not telling you the reg no since you are a qualified Electrician who should know better.
I will quote it in court to those who have no clue abt it if they happen to ask.

Don't get me wrong i have changed CUs with old colour codes after taking all tests to confirm the wiring is safe ie continuity and IR.So after those test i can carry on and change the CU to the required standard.Sometimes the tails are not the required size.
If i do tests on the installation and find that it is not up to scrach i will advise accordingly i e to rewire depending on the nature of the install.
Luckly my clients get it most of the time.
I think your clients are definitely getting it.

Reply to New circuits wired into a plastic consumer unit in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock