Discuss New City and Guilds Qualifications/Courses in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Quote from the above...

"Electricians who have already achieved the old 2391 inspection and testing qualification are
not expected to re-qualify with the new qualifications, but may find the time spent studying
the wiring regulations and the new testing qualifications valuable in reinforcing their
knowledge."

Really!
Any self respecting chap doesn't need telling to keep up.

At least I don't have to do the new ones, not that I was going to anyway.

Nor me! Fair enough if it gets to the stage in future where it becomes a necessity my mind may change. However I will not budge for the prices at the minute. day. light. robbery.

I don't have a problem changing course contents slightly, things change and progess.
But totally rebranding something like 2391 is totally unnecessary, the fundamentals are still the same.
If you've passed the original qualification it shows you've got the ability/knowledge etc. and then (hopefully) gained experience applying what you originally learnt. Shouldn't have to do the latest version. That applies to having to do the latest version of the regs. Someone's taking the proverbial!

Do BEng graduates have to redo their degrees every few years....

(Ahhhhh.......rant over!) :)

That's been commented on before, like 2377 is Level 3.
I think these level numbers are basically meaningless and does anyone actually take any notice of them anyway?

It would appear that BS3036 fuses are no longer acceptable in the 17th edition.
This begs the question: Why are there maximum Zs values for such devices in the 17th edition?

I would assume this is because they are still in use in some installations that were carried out before the 17th Edition? They are discontinued as such, however they are still in circulation.

When were they discontinued?
According to this article they were still acceptable in 2008: http://uk.search.yahoo.com/r/_ylt=A0geu8bpOnNQKRsA.UJLBQx.;_ylu=X3oDMTE2MzdoMnRpBHNlYwNzcgRwb3MDMzcEY29sbwNhYzIEdnRpZANSQ0ZVSzMzXzkw/SIG=135qmrd6p/EXP=1349757801/**http%3a//electrical.------.org/wiring-matters/29/semi-enclosed-fuses.cfm%3ftype=pdf

they are £615.00 each to do, are 5 days instead of 3 days, and also, if you go for a job and the HR department have been told only take 2394 2395 and 2396, what do you do?..........Agencies will ditch you as well as they will ask for this and if we say no, they will say "no job then" just relying on goodwill for the 2391 won't work, as the penpushers will just stop putting us forward for vacancies....
I will do any new variations that come up if I get pushed into it/ forced to, as then I will be able to justify the cost of doing them....

Well they are £425 here in N.Ireland. But anyway, I have never seen the 2391-20 mentioned in an job criteria, so I can't see the 2396 suddenly becoming invaluable! That's the thing though, how will (in your case) £1230 be justified? You would need £2k of a pay rise at least! Can't see me getting that!

i got 2391 for £100 .. you busy malarky? a builder asked me to come to belfast today, but cant be arsed.. fedkd off working on my own, espically on rewires, which i think it is

- - - Updated - - -

and not getting payed for ages

Same as that or near enough, got 2391-10 for roughly £150. I'm flat out mate, working for a firm on the cards at the minute. Doing all sorts! Tempted to fly solo though as monkeys in Belfast zoo and I appear to be on a similar salary!

i do work for h&j martin/ coates when needed and do my own stuff then... money is crap with them but pays my tax... hard to get a tenner an hour these days working for someone else

Reply to New City and Guilds Qualifications/Courses in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock