Discuss New Cloud-Based Certificate System by NICEIC in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Midwest

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I want to get a new software package for my certificates. I'm registered with Elecsa. I've posted on here before, and been advised about Easy Cert, PIRform etc. I've now seen that NICEIC haved developed a 'Cloud-Based Certificate System'. Allegedly, there is no set up costs or software licences, just a simple logon to a website. Apparently, it's available to NICEIC members now, and will be available to Elecsa members.

Queston is, have any of our NICEIC members tried it and thoughts?

Still sounds a good idea for cheap cert software. Any more info on this ? Are the certs stored on anonymous storage or do Niceic keep a copy ? Are you able to make backups for your own records ?

Elecsa/NICEIC catalogue for online products being sent out next week to members, pricing in there. The people at NICEIC tell me it's available to their members now, at Elecsa, they have finished testing, i.e. for their staff and should be available soon. It would be good if someone has actually tried, and see what they think?

Cloud in my view is just a revenue stream that drip feeds cash from the user. I have worked with PCs since they came out and to this day I back my stuff up so when I read someone has lost their data or has their laptop stolen I shake my head. So what do you do well if running a business put all your business stuff in one folder then spend ÂŁ10 on a memory stick then

1. Plug in the stick and open it then right click new and select Briefcase
2. On you computer right click and copy your business folder
3.Go back to the Briefcase folder on the stick and open it then paste a copy of your business folder into it.
4.After that once a week plug in stick select Briefcase folder then right click it and select Update all and any files you created or changed will be added to the stick

No cloud no drip feed of cash just an exact copy of your business stuff that I keep hooked on a nail in a cupboard so if computer breaks down or is stolen then no cloud to worry or pay for

If its cloud based, do you have to have an internet link to use it? If so that counts me out as the mobile coverage round here is patchy at best.

Cloud in my view is just a revenue stream that drip feeds cash from the user. I have worked with PCs since they came out and to this day I back my stuff up so when I read someone has lost their data or has their laptop stolen I shake my head. So what do you do well if running a business put all your business stuff in one folder then spend ÂŁ10 on a memory stick then

1. Plug in the stick and open it then right click new and select Briefcase
2. On you computer right click and copy your business folder
3.Go back to the Briefcase folder on the stick and open it then paste a copy of your business folder into it.
4.After that once a week plug in stick select Briefcase folder then right click it and select Update all and any files you created or changed will be added to the stick

No cloud no drip feed of cash just an exact copy of your business stuff that I keep hooked on a nail in a cupboard so if computer breaks down or is stolen then no cloud to worry or pay for

Even the likes of Dropbox offer free online storage for upto 2 GB I think. You could even email yourself any important folders for cloud storage the amount of ways to do it for free is ridiculous, it's almost like cloud storage is a larger version of Part P

hi Midwest
just browsing through the posts and I too am looking for a software program for certification purposes and I too are with elecsa, I rang them and asked about it and was told that they were now the same company niceic/elecsa and that I could get it through them however trying to register with them is proving difficult as its saying I need to be a nic registered sparky to get on, just wondering if you got anywhere, thanks

hi Midwest
just browsing through the posts and I too am looking for a software program for certification purposes and I too are with elecsa, I rang them and asked about it and was told that they were now the same company niceic/elecsa and that I could get it through them however trying to register with them is proving difficult as its saying I need to be a nic registered sparky to get on, just wondering if you got anywhere, thanks

I last received a reply from Certsure (who run this system for NIC/Elecsa), in July 13, that the system will be available for Elecsa members shortly. I sent another email in November, no reply. I'm having my annual assessment in May, so I'll ask the rep, although I don't expect much.

Sorry laptop froze, continuing on; I've been looking to replace my current Megger PowerSuite software, which IMO is not very good and expensive for support & upgrades. If I did use this system, I would just pass on the costs to the customer. I've briefly seen it at an Elex exhibition and it seemed quite good, but it would be nice to hear someone from NIC who is using it. Quite like the idea of storage of cert's, giving that responsibility to someone else, I can't even email my cert's to customers at the moment.

Reply to New Cloud-Based Certificate System by NICEIC in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net