Discuss New colour scheme in the Need help with ElectriciansForums.net? area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

Deleted member 105166

@Dan perhaps it's just me, but the quotes appearing on a solid orange background seems heavy on the eye. Not sure what others think? Or are you about to unleash a deal on EF branded sunglasses? :D

Needed to orange the place up a bit to fit the logo (and match the old forum style may I add). It isn't quite finished but I can't make the orange softer, it becomes sort of peachy.

Lemme see if people get used to it.
[automerge]1571674388[/automerge]
My orange username on orange background isn't going wash though! Lol
[automerge]1571674565[/automerge]
@Dan perhaps it's just me, but the quotes appearing on a solid orange background seems heavy on the eye. Not sure what others think? Or are you about to unleash a deal on EF branded sunglasses? :D
Testing quote.
[automerge]1571674752[/automerge]
Neh that's alright. It's bold. But not bold enough.

Last edited:
I thought this was going to be a thread about when red/yellow/blue/black became brown/black/grey/blue.

Just keep tinkering with the forum, @Dan

Just a thought. Some websites have a script so individual users can choose between preset colour schemes.
I've heard it does help dyslexic people read having different colours of text rather than black on white.

My orange username on orange background isn't going wash though! Lol
Lol. I didn’t even see mine for a while.

Lol. I didn’t even see mine for a while.
Damn it. I thought I'd just fixed it lmao

God, it's one of those days is it. :D

Every time I change one single colour of one single thing, I need to change 20 others to fix it. I think I'll go bed early. I'll cause less work for tomorrow lol

I thought this was going to be a thread about when red/yellow/blue/black became brown/black/grey/blue.
Someone, somewhere will no doubt start campaigning for it to revert post-Brexit

Some websites have a script so individual users can choose between preset colour schemes.
Different "skins" I think they call it. Good idea, that.:thumbsup:

I want you know when you're on here. And it works for that lol.

I might tone it down a bit I ran out of time - when I change the colour of one thing, 20 other colours have to be edited then so ran out of time and we ended up with this.

I can setup some extra skins for you when I have some time. I've customised so much of the forum though that each one I add would need it's own day dedicated to get it right.

We used to have a skin for Christmas and everything, red and green, even had snow falling on it for about 5 hours then that got annoying.

We won't please everybody with any one style though.

It's on my list, but not near the top lol ?
[automerge]1571775959[/automerge]
Pssst the old boring grey one is at the bottom of the forum. Bottom left link. Change it to ElectriciansForums.net.

Don't tell anybody.
[automerge]1571776592[/automerge]
Done a couple of sample colours, including a dark one for nighttime reading. But they need working on. I'll see if I can sort them out between actual work. :)
[automerge]1571777800[/automerge]
Someone, somewhere will no doubt start campaigning for it to revert post-Brexit

Different "skins" I think they call it. Good idea, that.:thumbsup:
Preferred it the way it was, but I expect I'll get used to it. Would be better with something paler. Pale blue?
Hanging around with a certain operating system ....
Too much blue light, late at night - Not good for sleep !
Got me sun glasses on.:cool:

Nighttime: New colour scheme - https://www.electriciansforums.net/misc/style?style_id=22&_xfRedirect=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.electriciansforums.net%2Fthreads%2Fnew-colour-scheme.179660%2F&t=1571777684%2C4a9cc9ad9697f542392680bbd13043a8

Boring: New colour scheme - https://www.electriciansforums.net/misc/style?style_id=21&_xfRedirect=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.electriciansforums.net%2Fthreads%2Fnew-colour-scheme.179660%2F&t=1571777684%2C4a9cc9ad9697f542392680bbd13043a8

Normal (in case something is broken on the other two, so you can get back to normal and click a link or whatever might be broken): New colour scheme - https://www.electriciansforums.net/misc/style?style_id=19&_xfRedirect=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.electriciansforums.net%2Fthreads%2Fnew-colour-scheme.179660%2F&t=1571777684%2C4a9cc9ad9697f542392680bbd13043a8

You'll find nearly everything works on them. It'll be my customisations that don't use the normal forum code (in most cases) that might be a bit bright still or whatever.

Last edited:
Oh yeah , bringing out the Irish in me .
(off to look for can of Guinness) ...
(still plenty of splashes of Bright Blue ... a warning colour for one of my Odd ball apps )
artistically balanced ...
(rather than dull - safe politician grey )

@TonyMitchell @Sintra @James the Spark1976

There are some more themes to select now. Scroll all the way down the screen way way past the content. The theme chooser is the little link with the paint brush symbol next to it. The link will be the name of the theme you are on, so if on the standard theme I think it's simply called Electrical Advice Forum.

Click that and you get some other colours.

Frozen is all blues. It'll be one of the Christmas themed with some snow around the place once I've done.

The Christmas theme itself is VERY green and red. You've been warned. ??⛄☃️??????

Alright then that's that sorted quick lol

I'll make sure the buttons and things are right on it then. That's one I quickly knocked up.

Note; it will have snow about the place soon. But I'll remove the snow after Xmas.
[automerge]1572601303[/automerge]
Logo is now blue too. :)

Long live the orange though. I'm switching back lol

Last edited:
I’ll be sticking with frozen for a while. At least until the snow comes ?

Reply to New colour scheme in the Need help with ElectriciansForums.net? area at ElectriciansForums.net