Discuss new domestic in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

S

ste-b

hi my name is Steve,
love electrics (crazy) ye, domestic electrician (sorry), started late 54! would like to b fully qualified but don't think can b taken on as apprentice. love he forum, Steve

Keep at it mate
An apprenticeship is just one way of achieving your goals. Find a good college, you will make contacts and gain experience as you go, I wish you the best of luck

hi my name is Steve,
love electrics (crazy) ye, domestic electrician (sorry), started late 54! would like to b fully qualified but don't think can b taken on as apprentice. love he forum, Steve

I am 54 been doing it for 38 years training in Industrial & commercial then alarms then HVAC/BMS controls then Building maintenance and I am still learning

Not at all i am suggesting he gets himself on a college course and make contacts with people within the industry and gain experience that way whilst studying.

hi my name is Steve,
listen Steve...
i carry out a lot of domestic/commerical work....the commercial stuff i can just about stomach....the domestic stuff bores the livin shyt out of me....
it is so dull...and so boring that half the time i dont even want to get up to go to work....thats how much i think of it....
now dont try to get too over enthused after reading these comments....will you...

new domestic {filename} | ElectriciansForums.net

appreciate ALL comments, there r a lot of clever people out there! got similar response at college from some sparkys who had to get part P, I Respect your Knowledge & appreciate wanting to keep it all to yourselves.

Up untill 11 years ago I was mainly a refrigeration engineer but started doing all my own associated electrical installation as most of the sparks I got in had difficulty understanding what I wanted control wise,local colleges, internet,distance learning, are all of the resources I used so it is not immpossible and whereby like me you wont ever get all the quals available I would not let it be a barrier.
Pict

At last!

At last somebody who is not predigest against people trying to improve their knowledge, i understand there reasoning, 8 week course! i am serious about domestic installer & if i can get the appropriate course will do c & g, thank you

Go for it, the domestic market is the easiest route to become a spark all be it with limited knowledge, but you could always break in to other fields depending on you ambitions and drive.

Reply to new domestic in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock