Discuss New from Lincoln in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hi All,
Not an electrician but have been an electronics engineer all my life. Retired in March this year at 60 and have now decided to start my own. Portable Appliance Testing business not to make a fortune but for time management to keep myself occupied especially during winter months. Thanks for the add and look forward to reading through the posts to pick up some tips.

welcome to the Borg.you will soon be assimilated. resistance is futile. sod what Ohm says. (said. he's been dead for ages).

Hi All,
Not an electrician but have been an electronics engineer all my life. Retired in March this year at 60 and have now decided to start my own. Portable Appliance Testing business not to make a fortune but for time management to keep myself occupied especially during winter months. Thanks for the add and look forward to reading through the posts to pick up some tips.
Welcome and good luck with your new venture.

don't be too cheap to compete with the non-testing sticker brigade who charge 50p/item.i hate PAT, but do some as part of other work. i charge £2/item with a minimum of £40 per visit.

don't be too cheap to compete with the non-testing sticker brigade who charge 50p/item.i hate PAT, but do some as part of other work. i charge £2/item with a minimum of £40 per visit.
My pricing is fair I think £45 visit with first 10 items free after that up to 50 items £1.40 then £1.10 an item after that. Up to 3 minor repairs like fuse changes thrown in.

Reply to New from Lincoln in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock