Discuss New green books in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hi all. Firstly i appreciate theres probably posts on this very subject and believe me i have looked. Have found posts on people buying new but not upgrading. Anyway i have my nic domestic installer assessment due relatively soon. I have both red osg and regs book. Do i definately need to buy both new in green or are there ammendments to 1 or both of them? I was under the impression until recently you would only need to buy new after a totally new edition was published? Mo money, mo money!!!Cheers in advance and please could we keep the sarcasm to a bare minimum!! After recent open wallet surgery i could do without it all!!!

amazon have a deal on at the moment. bgb, osg and gn3 as a bundle.

There were too many adjustments and introductions for the creation of a download. Unfortunately everybody has had to re-purchase a new Regs book. There was a lot of hoo-hah about it back then too!

there is no amendment. it's a complete new book. IET bods need new suits.

maybe you can hang on for the 18th. that's bound to be next year. :devil2:

Definately getting stung in this trade. Having recently finished my 2391 in college iv only had the brb about 2 years. Buy the bgb now then whats stopping them bringing further ammendments out again before the 18th edition

You can get them cheaper, i paid £43 for my BGB and £23 for GN3 from amazon including delivery, haven't bought the new OSG yet though.

Wow that is cheap I got it £55 and thought I was a winner. Its still in the shrink wrap though :29:

still a rip off. the beano annual is only a fiver, and it's much funnier.

43 quid is cheap fair play. Well when i say cheap......like i said i have my nic assessment pending so looks like gonna have to bite the bullet an upgrade. More choccy hob nobs for the iet it is

while we are discussing books etc I will remind people not to buy the current code of practice for in service inspection and testing of electrical equipment (the purple PAT Book)- unless they absolutely have to - as it is currently under review and scheduled to be republished in November.

View attachment 13856

Evening all!

Having the osg red, brb & the previous edition gn3 I wonder if you have to have the new "Electricians Guide to the Building Regulations" Not sure! One thing I am sure of is we are all being shafted. No wonder you see sets of books, meters & tools being sold on ebay. The outlay in this game is a joke especially if your starting out..

I was well miffed when I shelled out for the red books and within a year I needed to buy the green ones. The red books became worthless overnight. They are sitting on the shelf collecting dust - can't even sell 'em on Feebay. Wouldn't be so bad if they were actually affordable - or at the very least gold plated to justify the over-inflated price. It's a classic example of being had over a barrel - we have to have these books so they charge whatever they like for them. It's actually insulting if you think about it too much - which I am trying not to do!

Just shows you just what a state this trade is in we go head first into a recession and they decide to review everything from the regs C&G exams PIR/EICRs I could go on but then again they dont seem to care how much pressure in money terms it costs us because they know you have to get the updates why because they are the ones who asses you anywhere else this would be extorting money for financial gain or am I being cynical

Reply to New green books in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock