Discuss New guy from Falmouth in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Hi & welcome.:)

My missus father had a job offer painting them cranes in the docks.

Being a proud man from Lanner he took it....up he climbs, walks out, no harness to spray the cranes, when hes finished theres hell up below, turns out the overspray landed on the cars below, lovely bossman tried to blame him.

Sorry, went off on one welcome, yeah theres some real clever, and patient people around.

My missus father had a job offer painting them cranes in the docks.

Being a proud man from Lanner he took it....up he climbs, walks out, no harness to spray the cranes, when hes finished theres hell up below, turns out the overspray landed on the cars below, lovely bossman tried to blame him.

Sorry, went off on one welcome, yeah theres some real clever, and patient people around.

Wow! I'm really impressed, those cranes are awesome. Shame about the cars -;)

Well I was impressed as well when I heard this tale.

Quite sad as well, he was labour only, mines were slow, they said he was "Bricking it" but just wanted to feed his family and did as he was told, only to get a scolding for someone elses mistake.

This was in the 50s/60s guess paint was a little different, hell the paint probably had lead in it.

Anyway it was just a simple tale of desperation with a slightly humerous side it wasnt meant as bravado, i know you didnt take it that way but just to clarify.

Hows work in Cornwall then...?

Hi Andy, Work was totally different in the 50/60s, no H&S or environmental issues, lots of risk for little reward. I'm actually retired and just like to keep up with the latest developments, but did my apprenticeship in 1962-67; mainly as cheap labour while getting qualified at the local Tech college (now a university of course!). Tradesman tell me that work is picking up here and there's a great demand for electricians, plumbers, carpenters etc. Perhaps I should get my overalls out!
cherers,
Peter

Good on you, sometimes wonder what state Ill be in crawling around when Im 64/5,

Least I now know someone who can show me how to do pyro if the need arises.

Good on you, sometimes wonder what state Ill be in crawling around when Im 64/5,

Least I now know someone who can show me how to do pyro if the need arises.

Yes - it's all changed since I did my first courses. In those days digits were the things on the ends of your hands and everything was analogue. Bring back the Avo 8 that's what I say! But you never stop learning and that's what keeps my brain working.

Hi Rich, good to hear from you. as you may have gathered, I'm retired and only do the occasional job for friends and neighbours - all restricted by Part P regs of course! Hope you are keeping busy.

Proper job!

Cheers
Peter

Good to hear from you fellow Rynner! As you can see, I moved here to retire so no need to worry about me being competition! I live in Harbour Village (when I'm not on my boat)

Reply to New guy from Falmouth in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock