Discuss New here, need help with light switches, really confused in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Dear all,
Greetings from Singapore! Long story short, I bought an apartment a few months ago and have been trying to DIY to keep costs down. Paint, lights, fans, you name it, I did it.

I have now reached a hurdle which is really confusing for me. I am at my wits end. I hope I can have some advice here. If I am posting inappropriately in the wrong section, I apologise.

I have 3 light switches, each switch has 2 buttons. (Please refer to Old Switch.jpg)
Switch 1 and 2 are identical switches with the back looking like( Please refer to OldSwitchBack.jpg)
Switch 3 is abit different.
I have attached the pictures of my 3 switches and have labeled the wires attached as well.

Here are the buttons of the switches and what they do when switched on

Switch 1 , button 1 -> Light 1 on (single led downlight)
Switch 1, button 2 -> Light 2 on (Group of 6 led downlights)
Switch 2, button 1 -> Light 3 on (Ceiling light)
Switch 2, button 2 -> Light 4 on (Group of 4 led spotlights)
Switch 3, button 1 -> Light 5 on ( single led downlight)
Switch 3, button 2 -> Light 3 off (This seems to be the reverse button for Switch 2, button 1. It serves as the off button when S2B1 is on)

I am trying to replace all 3 switches with Sonoff Wifi switches. Please also refer to the attached pictures for them. These switches have 2 buttons each as well. But I am having massive difficulty wiring them to these switches and the wire mapping is confusing me.

NB: It might be worth noting that Switch 1 and 2 are beside each other, and there is a wire labeled W1 which is also connected to "Common" in Switch 2. I have noticed that this affects the function of Light 4

I would greatly appreciate advice on the mapping of wires to the new Sonoff switches. Thank you all so much!

Old Switch.jpg

OldSwitchBack.jpg

Switch1.jpg

Switch2.jpg

Switch3.jpg

WifiSwitchFront.jpg

WifiSwitchBack.jpg

if you have no neutral at the switches then those SonOff won't work.

If you do have a neutral or can get one easily to the switches then that specific SonOff switch will not replace switch 2 & 3 as there does not appear to be a 2way option on them, only 1 way.

if you do have neutral at the switches, they will be in a separate connector, not wired to the switch, and probably black.

It seems you could get a neutral there with the existing wiring as you appear to have a two way switch. One of the wires would become redundant and it may be possible to jiggle the wiring around to accomodate this. However it sounds like you personally will struggle with such a switcheroo and as suggested you are gonna have to get someone in to help who knows how to do that sort of thing. I guess it may take a couple of hours to fiddle with, maybe. Not too expensive.

Hi and welcome

Have you sorted your problem out?

Reply to New here, need help with light switches, really confused in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net