Discuss New house lights issue in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi, i'm hoping someone might be able to help with this before I call an electrician out for advice.

I moved into my house last month and have found that certain lights don't work when other lights are switched on. For example, if the kitchen light is on, then the landing light doens't work. But if the landing light is swicthed on, then 2 out of 3 of the kitchen lights turn on (it's a bar style light with 3 bulbs). And the kitchen lights don't work at all if the living room light is on!

There seems to be a lot of dodgy DIY in this house so i'm hoping that the previous owner hasn't had a go at the electrics too although it's not looking good!

Any ideas?

Possibly just a mix up behind a switch… but would need hands-on visit to test it properly.
Even photographs wouldn’t give us a big enough clue.

Could you post rough area of UK. There might be a member on here could visit for nominal fee…. (Beer or spirits)

Reply to New house lights issue in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

My kitchen has track lighting. It consists of three halogen light bulbs. I've had the fixture for more than 25 years with no issues. Last night...
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm replacing standard light switches in my hall and landing with touch switches (not smart, just touch on/off) like these from Amazon...
Replies
Views
I hope someone can help with this as I'm stumped. My landing hallway ceiling (2016-build house) has two rose pendants which I've attempted to...
Replies
Views
I have a street light circuit on land I rent out. I need to replace 2 of the bulbs. 1 of them is an old Philips 55W SOX Plus, the other is a...
Replies
Views
We bought a house with an array of broken (some cosmetic issues, some functional) downlights under cupboards in our kitchen. The bulb seem to be...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock