Discuss New job - seeking information on home automation / lutron lighting in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

H

hbrad92

I've recently started helping my friend on a few big home automation jobs. We're both qualified electricians but he's being doing this high end fancy lighting/ custom installing work for a while now and I want to learn as much as I can to help make myself more employable to his boss.

They deal with lutron lighting systems and other systems very foreign to me. I was wondering if anyone could explain to me as much about this field of work as possible? How it works exactly? Everything any anything! Trolls bore off

The best kind of instruction you'll get on these systems is by continuing to help out with installations and be inquisitive.

The manufacturers and agents often run training courses on their equipment and sometimes they're free or they just charge a nominal amount because they know that installer familiarity sells their kit so approach the suppliers and ask if you can get your name down for one.

Go up to Lutron in London for training, and download all their technical sheets. Coupled with that, as Marvo said, keep up with the installation side of things.

It's very easy stuff to work with. I was designing Lutron systems after only five or six months of first enquiring about the kit.

Reply to New job - seeking information on home automation / lutron lighting in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Looking for a bit of advice from the wider audience / those who may have done similar before. I entered the game a bit later / in a non...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Just wondering what the general situation is with other people on smaller jobs, do you give a quote or estimate to the client before you...
Replies
Views
Good day I'm a university student on a product design course. To create a product around electricians day to day work making your lives easier...
Replies
Views
I am writing to express my strong interest in joining your esteemed organization as I embark on the next phase of my career in the field of...
Replies
Views
I'm 41 and looking at a new 'DEI' course, partially funded by my current employer. Not currently thinking of making the leap to a full time spark...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock