Discuss New Lighting Circuit in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

yes it is allowed,

if you look in appendix 15 page 362

the diagram shows fused spur with 1.5 cable linking to double sockets, (as you have reduced the cable size you need to add the spur.

If you decide to wire the lights in 2.5 cable you could omit the spur (I wouldn't and I haven't omitted it in my conservatory

Richard

cant you run a new feed in from the cu? my boss frowns on this, so we would run in a new circuit or take it from existing lighting feed.

The cu is at other side of house and its a big house. I thought a new lighting circuit had to be fed from an existing lighting one, didnt think you could get supply rom socket ring, but if its fused i guess its ok.

Better to try and pick up off the lighting circuit but you can spur off the ring just drop the fuse size to suit, i done this with my outside light

Reply to New Lighting Circuit in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

As I've mainly done site work and moved into domestic recently, I'm a bit rusty on stuff like this, but if I'm adding a loft PIV unit to an...
Replies
Views
Hello all. So I am sure the expertise on this forum will be able to decode this very easily. But it has completely baffled me. I'm in training so...
Replies
Views
Hi guys I have some industrial lighting circuits to wire in a workshop and was after some fresh ideas/suggestions as to how i could best do this...
Replies
Views
Please advise what I should test / check next. My usual qualified electrician who did all of the work here is in Ireland for 4 weeks and not...
Replies
Views
DIY query Have narrowed down the source of an occasional trip to one light circuit which is a varilight v-pro master dimmer slave set up. This...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock