Discuss New member electrician with a training company in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi All,

Just joined the forum. As a practising electrician looks like their is plenty of useful info so looking forward to getting into some of the threads. Also we have a small training company which focuses on the 18th 2382 and the Part P 2393 qualifications. We have just started a blog with the idea to help anyone who has been miss guided about the actual requirements and what is required by City & Guilds for the qualification. Anyone have any questions about 2382 or 2393 please don't hesitate in getting in touch.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes please what exactly is a "Part P qualification" are you not misleading people with this, as Part P is a building Regulation NOT a qualification. It' a mockery when people say they are Part P qualified, is there a Part M qualification as well? or any other Part of the building Regulations come to that? To comply with Part P of the building Regulations you have to install electrical installations that comply with BS 7671. Oh yes forgot welcome to the forum.

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum mate.

We have just started a blog with the idea to help anyone who has been miss guided about the actual requirements and what is required by City & Guilds for the qualification

Please can you expand on this. I may have misread it. What actual requirements are needed to do these exams. I thought anyone could do them.

Hi Guys.
Pete. We are a City & Guilds approved centre so if i am misleading people so are City & Guilds, Sorry!

In all honesty i would recommend any sparky who has not got this qualification to think about getting it or at least read Approved Document P and the others that relate to electrical installations as the amount of sites i have seen that don't comply with some of the most basic requirements and theres more than just what BS7671 states.

Part M of the Building Regulations falls into 2393 qualification as this covers access.

The qualification is the 2393-10 award by City & Guilds 'Level 3 Certificate in the Building Regulations for Electrical Installations in Dwellings' also referred to as Part P. The qualification is based around the IET Electricians Guide to the Building Regulations (Green Book similar to the OSG) Covering approved document P and the other approved documents that relate to electrical installations in dwellings.

Thats exactly the point. 2382 is a stand alone qualification and has no prerequisites. I find it amazing how people seem to think you require a 17th or A3 to take the qualification.

Hi Guys.
Pete. We are a City & Guilds approved centre so if i am misleading people so are City & Guilds, Sorry!

In all honesty i would recommend any sparky who has not got this qualification to think about getting it or at least read Approved Document P and the others that relate to electrical installations as the amount of sites i have seen that don't comply with some of the most basic requirements and theres more than just what BS7671 states.

Part M of the Building Regulations falls into 2393 qualification as this covers access.

The qualification is the 2393-10 award by City & Guilds 'Level 3 Certificate in the Building Regulations for Electrical Installations in Dwellings' also referred to as Part P. The qualification is based around the IET Electricians Guide to the Building Regulations (Green Book similar to the OSG) Covering approved document P and the other approved documents that relate to electrical installations in dwellings.
Deleted.

Last edited:

Reply to New member electrician with a training company in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net