Discuss New member seeking qualified advice. in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
I am an accomplished DIY "house renovator". In my time I have fitted out house extensions in both new and old properties which have all been to a high standard. I use professional trades for things I can't or shouldn't do (electrical, gas, plastering big areas etc) but one of my common sense approaches is to know what I and the home owner want before we start and that the art of the possible has been included with the "nice to have". This way when a Trade "expert" tells me we need to go via Scotland to get to Brighton and a donkey would be quicker I know if he is right for the job and the owner is not surprised by the end result.

So what Advice is it you are asking for? or is this another wind up from an old member who has registered a new Username lol

I have just reread this ... The key sentence is where the op refers to himself and the homeowner .....

Which wasn't revealed on the post closed yesterday ..... No wonder he didn't answer in any helpful manner...

I thought this part of the electricians forum was for new members to introduce themselves and give a brief bio, reason for joining etc. and not an area for asking specific questions (MDJ ???). The result of my intro does not indicate that this is how others see 'New Member Introductions'. I look forward to getting constructive comment base on member expertise and not assumptions (Baddegg) when I do ask a question in other appropriate forum areas.

I thought this part of the electricians forum was for new members to introduce themselves and give a brief bio, reason for joining etc. and not an area for asking specific questions (MDJ ???). The result of my intro does not indicate that this is how others see 'New Member Introductions'. I look forward to getting constructive comment base on member expertise and not assumptions (Baddegg) when I do ask a question in other appropriate forum areas.
Apologies if my “assumption” was wrong frazer, is that not you on the other thread? I believe you received some very sage advice from some very talented electricians on the pros and cons of installation of your “slave “ Cu.
As regards to results of your introduction is that in another thread? As the replies on the one I’m reading starts with WTF.......and in MDJ’s Defense you are a little vague in your introduction.
But all that aside welcome along, you seem to have thick skin I think you’ll be fineo_O

The thread title suggested he wanted advice, and there was no question, it wasn't just me who was confused.

The thread title suggested he wanted advice, and there was no question, it wasn't just me who was confused.
me who was confused

don't take much. that's my riposte ( albeit a poor one) for the 1918 hit. :D:(:(:(:(.

Reply to New member seeking qualified advice. in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net