Discuss New member willing to talk anything electric in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

I'll go for the custard (Birds powder made with milk) and cream please. What are we having with it? Cheesecake or Pavlova?

i thoufht pavlova was daed.. or was that Paverotti? I get confused with all this Italian stuff, apart from Cornetto.

When I hear the word Cornetto all I think of is 'Hot Fuzz', the best one of the 'Cornetto trilogy'

Hi Franad sorry it's turned out to be anything but electric. Enough with the catering! Welcome, we need more female electricians. It brightens up our day at work as well.
LOL I did wonder why the conversation turned to food :flushed: Thank you for the welcome and I agree there needs to be more female electricians :yum: I've been putting this off for years but finally took a leap of faith :praying:
[automerge]1597235581[/automerge]
Just a quick one to say Hi!!! and nice to meet you!
Likewise ... thank you :thumbsup::smiley:

Chatting Electrics could send the thread on a downer.
---
(@ "Everyone" !)
The 3 phase colour scheme ( should not be you concern) - but its a MESS ?
Bit of a travesty when that change came about, an EU Directive now we are leaving go back to what it was.
[automerge]1597249603[/automerge]
Bit of a travesty when that change came about, an EU Directive now we are leaving go back to what it was.
We beat the Germans, Saved the French and the rest pf EUROPE why should we Cow tow to their rules?

Last edited:
New colours were nothing to do with the EU The International Electrical Committee IEC wanted three browns and blue for neutral. The UK refused saying we wanted to maintain different colours for each phase.

New colours were nothing to do with the EU The International Electrical Committee IEC wanted three browns and blue for neutral. The UK refused saying we wanted to maintain different colours for each phase.
well why didn't the IEE (or IET) grow some balls and refuse the stupid colours forced on us when nobody wanted them.

I think my first surprise / hiccup to the fault finding process was to replace a switch .. with such a good match replacement part .. it had the same fault ..
Rotating gizmo pull light switches
... full of bits of fluff from cut end !
( Buy cheap ..learn lesson ) ..check screws turn..

Reply to New member willing to talk anything electric in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net