Discuss New MFT and testing EV Chargers, spds etc in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Gavin John Hyde

-
Esteemed
Arms
Patron
Reaction score
Need to look at a new MFT in due course as I currently have a kt64dl which whilst it works fine, is a doddle to use I have to use a chunky rolec charge check for testing EV Chargers.
I see the new Metrel 3152 has a bolt on to test the chargers. Not sure if the EV testing part works fully with other MFTs or not...
Either way the Metrel 3152 does look very good. Only thing that puts me off is the price £1k+ for the MFT alone and its mainly touch screen. I prefer the kewtech dials!!
One advantage of the metrel with the EV testing sequence is its ability to test the dc protection aspect and it can also test spds.
So lots of tests available in it.

Has anybody got one?
Likewise anybody got or used the EV tester adaptor? Does it work with other makes of MFT?

I have a Megger MFT 1741 and have a Returns Authorisation to have it upgraded to the MFT 1741+ but have held off on sending it to the Megger factory for the upgrade until I can be certain that factories won't end up being closed down. Megger told me that the EVSE adaptor was expected around the end of last month, but I'd imagine that it's been delayed by current global events.

That said the MFT 1741+ with the EV adaptor should be an excellent solution. (Although Rolec presumably won't like it.)

I have a Megger MFT 1741 and have a Returns Authorisation to have it upgraded to the MFT 1741+ but have held off on sending it to the Megger factory for the upgrade until I can be certain that factories won't end up being closed down. Megger told me that the EVSE adaptor was expected around the end of last month, but I'd imagine that it's been delayed by current global events.

That said the MFT 1741+ with the EV adaptor should be an excellent solution. (Although Rolec presumably won't like it.)
I believe the EV adaptor is in the pipe line. Like you said everything is up in air
There is one for the fluke and rebadged fluke ones.
Surprised kewtech haven't made one yet.
Have considered the megger as its very reliable.

Hi Gavin,

I have had mine for a few weeks now and it seems like a great piece if kit however not really used in anger yet as no EVE work yet keep you posted. Some good videos on youtube showing the EVE testing.

Reply to New MFT and testing EV Chargers, spds etc in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net