Discuss New one on me in the Electrical Engineering Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Was called to a lighting fault yesterday, the lounge light would sometimes switch off when another light was switched on, easy I thought a loose feed in a switch or ceiling rose checked connections all okay problem persisted turned my attention to the lamps all were compact fluos except the lounge which was a vintage LED on closer examination when the lounge light went out I still had 230v at the rose and lampholder changed the LED for a compact fluo and the issue was solved. anybody else had similar incompatibility problems with LED?

Induced voltage from other circuits, common problem with older LED lamps, most modern LED lamps have snubbers fitted to avoid this.

Hi,could have been a bad neutral....what side was the switching?

Reply to New one on me in the Electrical Engineering Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock