Discuss New oven plug or hardwire? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Dee

-
Reaction score
Hi
Can i put a 13amp plug on this oven and plug into a normal socket?
Thanks in advance

Electrical installationThis product requires hardwiring to a 13 Amp fuse and should be installed by a qualified installer, such as one of our Team Knowhow experts.Power supply13 Amp (Requires hardwiring to a fused spur)

Blissof89 - I guess your opinion is correct.

The regs say you must follow manufacturer instructions, no? So there's no choice really.

regs say you should take note of MI. if sensible follow if

大量的鸚鵡

then ignore.

Telectrix - ignore? Can't you see that opening a can of worms? If a manufacturer from China can't make a manual would you be happy about your neighbour in the flat downstairs installing their products?

Also it might affect your insurance premium if sh*t happened.

Hi Dee - although the plug and socket is rated 13A same as the fused connection unit, the fcu will likely take the load better over time. Out of interest can I ask make and model of oven please?

Cover your a**e and install an FCU. Let's say the oven was found to be the cause of a fire, the loss assessor's main objective will be to find escape clauses so the insurance company he/she represents (that happily take your premium each year), don't have to cough up. If you put a BS1363 plugtop on it, you have contravened Reg. 510.3 and it may come back and bite you.

Not the MI then?
I guess this is a non issue, unless the instructions for country X specifically stipulate a hard wired connection, where there is no such thing in country X and their wiring regs have a clause equivalent to our 510.3. Does this scenario exist? Most instruction booklets nowadays feature a few pages for a dozen or more countries.

Reply to New oven plug or hardwire? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock