Discuss new periodic? in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

brs73

-
Reaction score
i have spoken to somebody on the phone who has had a periodic carried out by somebody else.
he's asked me to come and rectify a couple of code 1's he got on the test.
nothing too difficult.
only two circuits from nine.
i know i have to re test those circuits but do i have to complete an entirely new pir or for the whole installation.??

If he marked it unsatisfactory, then i would say yes. You would still need to issue a MW or EIC.

If it isnt then just issue your EIC or minor works and then the client can keep this together with the PIR of proof that the work has been done.

i have spoken to somebody on the phone who has had a periodic carried out by somebody else.
nothing too difficult.
i know i have to re test those circuits but do i have to complete an entirely new pir or for the whole installation.??

if 1 of the fault is to change board then yes test whole lot

I dont understand, sorry.
Would not the eic or mw kept with the periodic be proof that its been rectified?

Generally yes but i wouldnt have thought that it could be relied upon that all the documentation would stay together.

A PIR is a PIR and if it has been marked as unsatisfactory then in theory, a satisfactory report should be issued after all the remedials had been done.

Its a bit of a grey area with no conclusive answer.

i get you, bit of a pain, but if i was a customer, having paid for a pir then the work to be done, then i would be pretty p.ssed off if i had to pay for anther pir.

Yes i agree, but its not very often that i do remedials on another sparks PIR.

If i do a PIR, i normally do the remedials and then issue a satisfactory cert.

nothing too difficult.

if i was you mate i would ring your scheme provider up ( if your with one ) and ask them what they think is best.

i've sorted the remedials.
it only affected one circuit.i'm issuing a eic(it was a bathroom) which refers to the serial number on the original pir.
i told the client that if he wanted a complete new pir then i'd have to re do the whole test because i'm not prepared to 'just fill in' other peoples results.
he did n't want to pay for the whole thing again,cant blame him.
dunno what happened to the original spark.
i didn't need to change the board,surely this is a code 4

Last edited:
i've sorted the remedials.
it only affected one circuit.i'm issuing a eic(it was a bathroom) which refers to the serial number on the original pir.
i told the client that if he wanted a complete new pir then i'd have to re do the whole test because i'm not prepared to 'just fill in' other peoples results.
he did n't want to pay for the whole thing again,cant blame him.
dunno what happened to the original spark.
i didn't need to change the board,surely this is a code 4

If you are only doing remedials and not adding new circuits etc then you only need do a MWC.

Dont waste your EIC's!

Why would the CU warrant a code 4?

You havent told us whats wrong with it.

can i just ask, what is the going rate for a PIR and does every one do a full test or just a detail visual. just i got asked for a price and i thought £150 was fair, a full PIR about half day. ond they said another spark priced at £50 and he has full nic approval

my boss normally charges between £100 & £120 for a pir depending on the size of the property.

personally i think that is to cheap & would charge £150 plus, if the mains board isnt marked up you could spend a lot longer than half a day doing it.

£50 sounds silly to me, he must be really short of work or does not do it properly

£150 is a good price IMO as it could take half to a full day to do and like as been said, if the circuits are not identified, and i have yet to come across one that is.

can i just ask, what is the going rate for a PIR and does every one do a full test or just a detail visual. just i got asked for a price and i thought £150 was fair, a full PIR about half day. ond they said another spark priced at £50 and he has full nic approval

£50 isn't worth the paper its writen on..........good luck to them and good luck to the so called spark signing it.

i thought he must just write it up on toilet paper at home lol, but on a serious note how the hell ami supposed to compete, my work is drying up and iv got 4 lads to pay

Tricky one if you are an employer.

Maybe you need to consider 'streamlining'.

Although 50 is ridiculous, some are of the opinion that some money is better than no money.

Reply to new periodic? in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock