Discuss New posts full of new electricians listings, whhhhyyyy?! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

We're increasing the qty of electricians in the directory to get it going. We'll do it in between real work so might find the odd day we battle it and then the rest of the week you'll just get the natural members adding their own firms.

Yeah we've not added any ourselves before until today. We need 10 or so in each category to help with the rankings of all the categories and listings so it'll be ongoing.

We're assuming member of the forum will add their own in time. So we're finding small businesses online, and then setting the listing as claimable so if they sign up and click a button, it adds it to their account.

Pretty neat eh

Is that you Lou or Dan in disguise - I can't keep up. Oh and thanks for asking @Pete999 as I was wondering but to afraid to ask.

Is that you Lou or Dan in disguise - I can't keep up. Oh and thanks for asking @Pete999 as I was wondering but to afraid to ask.
Never be afraid to ask matey.

As said above you can mark the "forum" (the directory) as read to clear only that area so you get back to just the normal threads.

This is Dan BTW. My phone is screwed once again.

And stop liking your own posts Dan. You'll always be king'o the castle ('cept for Tel) so stop trying!

Just to confuse things that was Lou on my account PMSL.

I'm logged in on Safari and she's logged in on Chrome, both on her phone, sitting watching this borning match.

So we keep not realising which browser is open and just getting on with posts and stuff.

It's as baffling to us as it is you lol

I'm sick of breaking phones they're so crap! I'm considering the JCB jobby!

We're assuming member of the forum will add their own in time. So we're finding small businesses online, and then setting the listing as claimable so if they sign up and click a button, it adds it to their account.

Pretty neat eh
Hmmmm, not a fan.

At least with most other listings people have to opt in, not opt out. I don't want my business listed at this stage as I am happy enough with it's online presence as it stands. If a local competitor does their listings then fine, but for none members and none contributors to the forum to have their's added might work against forum members and contributors to the forum - it's now giving a better online presence to competitors with them having made no effort.

How can you tell a business from a forum users name? Mine certainly has no reference to my business name :confused1:

Hmmmm, not a fan.

At least with most other listings people have to opt in, not opt out. I don't want my business listed at this stage as I am happy enough with it's online presence as it stands. If a local competitor does their listings then fine, but for none members and none contributors to the forum to have their's added might work against forum members and contributors to the forum - it's now giving a better online presence to competitors with them having made no effort.

How can you tell a business from a forum users name? Mine certainly has no reference to my business name :confused1:
We're not doing it for you mate. So don't you worry yourself about it.

But just to explain for those who are members of the forum and have listings; what we're doing will help the directory therefore help you.

To those that have listings and don't have forum accounts, stop building websites and advertising online and we'll not help your websites rank and you get more business lol

(Joking aside - they can contact us to remove the listing, or click a link and claim it.)

We're not doing it for you mate. So don't you worry yourself about it.

But just to explain for those who are members of the forum and have listings; what we're doing will help the directory therefore help you.

To those that have listings and don't have forum accounts, stop building websites and advertising online and we'll not help your websites rank and you get more business lol

(Joking aside - they can contact us to remove the listing, or click a link and claim it.)
Sorry I think I am missing the joke. I'm all for helping the forum and it's members, but I don't see how increasing the online presence of non members business's can be of a benefit to members who have listed...

So DIYrs coming onto the forum and looking at the directory, will they see those that were added that are not regular forum contributors - I see where 123 is coming from. Do you understand what I/we mean Dan?

So DIYrs coming onto the forum and looking at the directory, will they see those that were added that are not regular forum contributors - I see where 123 is coming from. Do you understand what I/we mean Dan?
Anybody who finds the directory by searching for an electrician perhaps wouldn't have found the forum in the first place otherwise.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry I think I am missing the joke. I'm all for helping the forum and it's members, but I don't see how increasing the online presence of non members business's can be of a benefit to members who have listed...

You're all for helping the forum?! - How have you helped the forum pal?

Things like this is why we don't seek approval from members in the main, before we do something. It's also why we have loads of forums trying to copy us, but with them all put together, they don't have the same traffic, hits, uniques, registrations, etc etc etc

Just hang in there if you don't understand it, and certainly don't worry about it if you haven't listed your own company in the directory. Nobody is going to take your business away from you locally if you've got to grips with it, eh? Antrim is all yours for now matey.

Reply to New posts full of new electricians listings, whhhhyyyy?! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net