Discuss New PV System performance in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

You really need to speak to the installer. He should have fitted them and set the dip switch, if he hasn't, get him to do so. You will void the inverter warranty if you fit anything other than the aurora jumpers.

You really need to speak to the installer. He should have fitted them and set the dip switch, if he hasn't, get him to do so. You will void the inverter warranty if you fit anything other than the aurora jumpers.

When i get home (currently at work :() ill have a look see if the jumpers have been fitted (maybe they have already) if not ill get in touch with the installer

Just to clarify it is the Aurora uno 3.6 outd uk version we are talking about
And running this only on 1 string i should have red and black jumpers installed and dip switch set to par

Please confirm and ill look tonight

Thanks again

FYI my east/west 3.84kWp is peaking at approx 2650w (5 minute averages) on the recent hot days without any clouds. Daily generation in the 21s probably would be a bit higher without late afternoon tree shading.

Yes as your link shows.

Solarsavings, Moggy1968 - Had the front off and NO jumpers, so popped down me mates who had same inverter fitted but IS using two strings, grabbed his unused jumpers and have now fitted them onto mine

one thing i have noticed since doing it on the screen in no longer shows pin\line 2 as it used to

Cant understand why the installer never done this as like you say its clear enough in the manual

Kev

Last edited by a moderator:
It is quite acceptable to connect only a single string to one input/MPPT (IN1), provided the maximum DC current is less than the rated limit for the input (16-18 amps). If it is greater (for example the 'string' is actually an array of two or more strings paralleled together), then what the patch leads and jumper setting let you do is 'share' across both inputs, so that each handles half the 'string' current, but only one MPPT is active (ie you parallel IN1 and IN2 internally)

If you are only using the one input (IN1), then the recommendation is that the other input (IN2) is shorted with a patch lead internally, but this is to avoid issues with the inverters diagnostics on DC side insulation and shouldn't effect peak generation.

My 3.6 Out uk was setup with 2x 8 panel strings wired as a single array into the inveter with the jumpers fitted but the installer didn't set the switch to 'PAR'. For the first month my system was badly down on performance until I figured out the setting was wrong. When I changed to PAR the output instantly doubled as could be seen on the graph on the deskview unit.

Kev, you're not far from me and I just checked your system against my WSW 3.9kW system on Pvoutput.org (Southwood solar) and yours has generally been putting out more daily kWh than mine since the begining. I am happy that my system is performing well compared to other local systems so I'd say yours has been performing above expectations and that it was setup ok from the start. The low peaks are probably just caused by high altitude haze or panel temperature the same as affects the rest of us.

Last edited:
UPDATE

Since putting rhe jumpers in my system it is now performing properly

My highest peak today has been 3.55kw far above what i was peaking before

This should have been carried out by the installer, feel sorry for anyone else if the same installer has done the same to them (they probably dont even know)

Thanks to everyone for helping me fix this problem

Regards

Kev
my system here on PVoutput http://pvoutput.org/list.jsp?userid=11847

Last edited by a moderator:
UPDATE

Since putting rhe jumpers in my system it is now performing properly

My highest peak today has been 3.55kw far above what i was peaking before

This should have been carried out by the installer, feel sorry for anyone else if the same installer has done the same to them (they probably dont even know)

Thanks to everyone for helping me fix this problem

Regards

Kev
my system here on PVoutput KevHky - SEAHAM July 2012 3.360kW

With the cooler breezier days, my system has returned to peak output during the sunny spells in recent days.

From what I've seen of my panels on hot, calm, sunny days compared to hot breezy days, I reckon around half of the power loss on those calm days is attributable to the temperature coefficient of the panels, and half due to the still air around the panels.
So on a 3.6kW system up to 0.4kW losses due to heat and another 0.4kW losses due to lack of cooling breeze.

Reply to New PV System performance in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock