Discuss New REAL DAWWI & Bond Pay Scheme in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

stevie gill

Does anybody else find this whole thing utterly confusing???

We are about to do our first install in almost 1 year (we are first and foremost an Electrical contractor and have plenty of other work) and I'm struggling to get my head around the new DAWWI and Bond Pay PPS nonsense.

From what I've read, the PPS scheme require the consumer to pay all the money up front into the bond pay account, and the funds will then be slowly released to us as installers at agreed times? This sort of makes sense, but then the REAL guidance on deposits states that the consumer sends you the first deposit with the order. How are we suppoosed to dovetail this payment setup into our order forms etc?

The bond pay website seems to tell you that once you receive the order and deposit that you then setup the job on their website, and the customer pays all money into their account, but you will have already received the deposit?????

The old system, where by you registered the job on the QANW website once the deposit was received with the order, worked well in my opinion.

How are you guys getting around this? Am I missing something?

Confused is an understatement!

You would only use PPS if you don't have an existing client account to pay a deposit into. So if you are using PPS you will not take a separate deposit.

New REAL DAWWI & Bond Pay Scheme

Don't bother with all that, deposit and all subsequent payments into clients account(easier accounting for sales, transfer full amount once complete into current account). We us QWAN warranty solar care send them the form once deposit is paid. If REAL want anything else well I would tell them no, I'm running a business and anything else is stupid.

We've been shopping around recently and looked at all the alternatives that we could find:
Cobra
HIES
Bondpay/PPS
QANW
Independent Warranty Association
Consumer Protection Association
GGFi Solar Insure
Homepro
B&ES Double Guarantee (B&ES members)

As we already have an HSBC Client account - we've always done it that way and set it up well before it was a requirement, (so Bondpay/ PPS a waste of time) I reckon that Cobra will be the most costs effective by a long way - speak to Sarah Collins at CobraInsurance.co.uk

As standard their policy cover starts with deposit cover and workmanship warranty for 10 years and then if the client wants you can add in other sections such as product warranty, replacement panel installation and feed in tariff cover.

Nice simple process with no monthly minimum requirements or 'packs' to purchase.

@finchy REAL code requires that you insure the Deposit and any Adance payments.

Reply to New REAL DAWWI & Bond Pay Scheme in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net