Discuss New Sharp panels - positive power tolerance in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

SolarCity

-
Arms
Reaction score
Sharp have stopped producing their NU180E1H, NU185E1H, NDE230A2 or NUE245J5 panels and are now bringing replacement models into the market with a positive power tolerance and MC4 connectors. Problem is..... they're not MCS certified yet and probably won't be till some time in June.

Coupled with the problems with the Tsunami and Japanese panels in general, this is an extra burden to take on for some installers.

We don't generally install Sharp as we think there are better options but we do design systems for customers if they have specifically asked for them. Could be a frustrating few weeks.

I don't have an issue with a newer panel but with the supplier. They will just stop doing the current panel and wait for the newer one. Why?

Why not continue with the existing panel and stock the newer one when MCS rather than just dropping it? It's all well and good for them to say use an alternative but we have clients signed up to use the NU245 and now can't get the panel until June / July.

Think I will be taking my panel order else where for a time as I have my mounting system orders.

If anyone form the supply company in question are on here, take this as feed back!

Look what's just dropped into our personal email box. A segen promotion to customers of Sharp products - looks like the left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing ..... they haven't even got the FiT right.

Segen is the largest UK distributor of solar PV products to a network of over 300 local MCS certified installers who can supply and install our solar PV systems onto your property.
We have been working with Sharp for many years now and they are one of the world's largest and longest established manufacturers of solar photovoltaic panels and produce their European products in their Wrexham factory where they are imminently going to open a 2nd production line doubling their capacity from 250MW/year up to 500MW, thereby cementing their market leading position as a manufacturer.
The Sharp monocrystalline panels have a very good efficiency and operate well even in low light conditions and cloudy days and come with a 25 year performance guarentee to match the feed-in tariff period. Sharp have been making solar panels for over 50 years now, so that is a guarentee you can can rely on.
No doubt you will have read in the press some of the speculation that the Government is going to cut the feed-in tariff, but that has not yet happended and for any system installed now you are guarenteed by the Government to get the current 41.3p/kWh indexed linked for the next 25 years. Should a cut be announced it is likely to impact the larger systems currently being planned and probably not the domestic homeowner systems, but the best way to be sure of getting the current high rate of the feed-in tariff is to install your system before any change may happen.
Our network of installers can supply any of the MCS certified Sharp solar modules and will select the number and type to best fit your roof space and requirements. Systems of any size from the smallest 6 panel system to fit on a terraced house, to a feed-tariff maximising 4kWp system for a large detached property can be supplied by our network of professional installers.
Use our energy estimator tool to estimate your costs and income and to register your interest in having a solar PV system installed and someone will contact you shortly, or if you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact me.

We have been quoted £31000 for 9.8kw system based on sharp nu245 panels with 2 sma 5000tl invertors up in Aberdeenshire,you feel there are better options than sharp,i would appreciate any advice on this.

Hi Rob, contact Solar Techonology, they are located in Edinburgh and i'm sure they will quickly provide a better panel at a more suitable price point.

Hi Morgan,thanks but I did speak to them about 3 weeks ago but they could not look at the price,they were quick to respond and seemed really knowledgable maybe because of distance.

There are many other options to Sharp panels many of them with better reviews and test results in European magazines such as Photon. The positive tolerance feature that Sharp talks about in their new modules is already standard in other quality brands such as REC, Suntech, Bosch, etc. Don't be fooled by cheap and fake claims by some manufacturers, the reality is that there are many good quality products out there, in my view the most important thing is the quality of the system design and installation. Get a few quotes and demand real tangible information from your installer.

Hi Thanks any advice appreciated,it looks as though we are going for solar world 250 modules and sma invertors,any thoughts on these.RegardsRob

Hi Thanks any advice appreciated,it looks as though we are going for solar world 250 modules and sma invertors,any thoughts on these.RegardsRob
Solar World are good modules with positive ratings in industry mags, more expensive than other brands such as Suntech but quality assured. SMA inverters are one of the best and have excellent monitoring features specially if you buy a Sunny Beam. Hope the installation goes well and welcome to the exciting world of PV!

Reply to New Sharp panels - positive power tolerance in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock