Discuss New start for an 'old boy' in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

E

Earnest Lee

Hi guys. Yet another 'newbie' to the forum.
Wondered if any of you could point me in the right direction so to speak.

I am a 'time served' electrician some....... years ago!
Undertook the old EITB training course many moons ago and eventually walked away with C&G 232 1 & 2 - Then many years as maintenance electrician.
Have since worked in the contracting industry with what was 'Eastern Electricity' as domestic/industrial installer. (Without 'blowing my own trumpet' - you name it, I've probably had experience working with it!)
Went on to work as 'installation inspector' - enforcing 'PME Regs.'

Have since been self employed contracting although never NIC registered.
I've both 16th and 17th Edition regs. under my belt along with numerous other qualifications. - i.e. Testing/Inspection, PAT etc. etc.
I fairly recently took a career 'detour' and am now working as an installer for a kitchen appliance installer (no names req.....!) having also secured myself an IGQ Corgi gas qualification.

So........ If you guys are still awake!!!! - I'm looking to perhaps go back into domestic installation contracting. - Having had so many offers of work, I think it may be worth thinking about.... Having 'more than one iron in the fire'! (or something like that)
In view of the fact that requirements for 'approved electricians' have become much more stringent - and rightly so - particularly BS 7671 and Part P, I'd like to know what I would I'd need to do in order to get myself re-started and 'approved'?
Obtaining the appropriate test equipment I know is an obvious start.

So there you go guys. - Any help would be most appreciated.

Reply to New start for an 'old boy' in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net