Discuss New to testing... Ze, PSCC & PEFC in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

T

TPES

I am new to testing and im trying to learn all i can about each test.

Today i have been practicing my Ze tests, PSCC & PEFC.

Please can someone tell me if i am performing the tests the correct way and if my results look genuine?
(I have a feeling my results on this occasion are way out)

I have added photos.
(If i press the "Display" button on my tester i will also get a current reading. So 2 photos to each test)

My Ze seems very high, Unless im doing the test wrong. Its a TN-S Supply and i understand 0.8 is the maximum.

I appreciate any pointers.

Ignore these photos, I know now there wrong, I got it right further down the post.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Sid,

You need to disconnect the main earth from the bar and then test.

With it in place you are introducing parallel paths via main bonds and this will result in inaccurate results.

Hi.

Pic 3 appears to be your Ze as the ohm symbol is displayed on the meter.

J, the earth is disconnected just hard to make out.;)

Fair enough.

Im gonna stay out of this one because the way the leads are connected dont make sense to me, especially with the first pics as i dont use a MM.:D

And the pics arent very clear on my screen as i cant even make out any symbols on the meter!

If i have the leads connected wrong please tell me.

My meter wont give any reading at all if i dont connect the way shown in photos.
It will display the voltage untill i press "start" then give my readings.

Using my multimeter (megger) I test as follows-

3 wire lead

Ze, main earth disconnected red-line, black-neutral, green-earth.
PSC, main earth reconnected red-line, black-neutral green-earth.

Mark, Have a close look at pic 3, I think this is his Ze as the test leads are connected to obtain Ze and the reading on the meter is in ohms and is about right for a Ze. He has it labelled as PEFC but it cant be.

Whats your view on it.

i might be missing something but those readings look like a tt job to me if they are tns then something is wrong

Yeah it is TNS, I know these are very odd readings, Not sure why? What would be the cause of these high readings? Should i get intouch with the suppliers?

On picture 3 my tester is set to "PSC L-N" this is what it says on meter for this setting, So i assumed this would be for my PSCC. Giving me the reading it does.

If I have tested wrong and Picture 3 is my Ze reading, Is it not above the maximum for a TNS, (being 0.8) ?

Using my multimeter (megger) I test as follows-

3 wire lead

Ze, main earth disconnected red-line, black-neutral, green-earth.
PSC, main earth reconnected red-line, black-neutral green-earth.

Agreed ! didnt understand the reasoning behind ze with only cpc discon and crocked fine but n on line well :confused: and no line :confused::confused:
Ze discon main cpc then crock using the 3 lead then n & l
pefc main cpc connected and crock cpc bar then l & n etc
pssc connect the earth probe to the n making it into a two wire tester and go between l-n.
Pfc is the highest reading taken from the two pfc readings between pefc & pssc.
Thought i was going mad :rolleyes:

New to testing... Ze, PSCC & PEFC {filename} | ElectriciansForums.net

Because ive read in a number of places that Max Ze is..

TNCS = 0.35
TNS = 0.8
TT = 20

So because TNS is 0.8 as wrote and not 0.80,
This was why im thinking i have to get it lower than 0.8

lol cool !

I am new to testing and im trying to learn all i can about each test.

Today i have been practicing my Ze tests, PSCC & PEFC.

Please can someone tell me if i am performing the tests the correct way and if my results look genuine?
(I have a feeling my results on this occasion are way out)

I have added photos.
(If i press the "Display" button on my tester i will also get a current reading. So 2 photos to each test)

My Ze seems very high, Unless im doing the test wrong. Its a TN-S Supply and i understand 0.8 is the maximum.

I appreciate any pointers.

tut tut and wheres your safe isolation ? (switch off and lock off) etc etc ?

Right, Heres my second go..

This is a TNCS, Better photos..

I know its a peice of cake to most of you but have i sussed it?

I lost my green crock clip, thats why using black one..

(And yes I do like creme eggs!!)

Attachments

• New to testing... Ze, PSCC & PEFC My Ze - EletriciansForums.net
    My Ze.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 282
  • New to testing... Ze, PSCC & PEFC My PEFC - EletriciansForums.net
    My PEFC.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 272
  • New to testing... Ze, PSCC & PEFC My PSSC - EletriciansForums.net
    My PSSC.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 255

Reply to New to testing... Ze, PSCC & PEFC in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock