Discuss New to testing... Ze, PSCC & PEFC in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Good Good!

So on EIC..

I put in the "External Earth Fault Loop Impedance Ze" = 0.20
& For my "Prospective Fault Current" from my readings what would you put in the "kA" Box ???

Good Good!

So on EIC..

I put in the "External Earth Fault Loop Impedance Ze" = 0.20
& For my "Prospective Fault Current" from my readings what would you put in the "kA" Box ???

Yep and the PFC box you put your highest value of PEFC or PSCC which is 1.01.

Odd though as normally on a TNCS they are near enough the same, but dont worry about that for now!

Last edited by a moderator:
So from my readings you'd put in "1 kA"

and the maximum this can be is 16.5kA, Is this correct?... and this will be written in the "Short Circuit Capacity" Box on the EIC?

So from my readings you'd put in "1 kA"

and the maximum this can be is 16.5kA, Is this correct?... and this will be written in the "Short Circuit Capacity" Box on the EIC?

Ok Nature of Supply etc.

External EFLI Ze is the max so for TNCS its .35 There is then a box underneath for Measured Ze

PFC Single phase is what you measure so 1.01kA

Short Circuit Capacity is normaly 33kA for BS 1361 Type II 100A fuse.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok thanks J.. I dont know where ive got 16.5 from, ive seen it the max for something.

Where in the red book would i find these figures?

Hi Magic-sid
Do you have a lock off kit ? Remember switch off & lock off ! you will fail your assessment if you dont.
Regards
Kung.

Hi Magic-sid
Do you have a lock off kit ? Remember switch off & lock off ! you will fail your assessment if you dont.
Regards
Kung.

Cheers Kung... I do have a lock off kit yes, i know its not used on these photos..

Thanks

Thought you were locking off with gorilla glue or no more nails lol
See not that hard onece you know mate ! best of luck with assessment !
Regards
Kung

We like them simple.

We dont have much brain power left at the end of the day.:D

Yer me neither when i get in the kids and mrs are like that thing off dr who the Obsorbatoff or summit they drain all the sence out of me !

Reply to New to testing... Ze, PSCC & PEFC in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock